second thoughts

Kathy S.
on 4/21/04 5:01 am - Port Orange, FL
Anyone besides me having second thoughts on this whole thing? Kathy~
Sabrina N.
on 4/21/04 5:40 am - Jacksonville, FL
To Be honest with you.. Yes. Sometimes I wake up in the morning and I am excited about the whole thing. Sometimes I wake up (Like this Morning) and decide that I am not ready to meet my maker yet.(I found the Memorial page).. Will we overcome this ? I understood the risks and complications in the beginning...it's a really big step. MY worst fear is to be on the table before the surgery and right before they put me out - I start thinking what if these were my last minutes on earth? My Son and My husband... It's really a hard decision. But are we facing the same fate by being obese for what life we have left ? I am with you Kathy. Eventhough the fatality rate is low..that would be my worst fear. I guess you have to weigh the Pros and Cons. I do know this. When I meet my surgeon I will ask him about his fatality rate and complications he had to overcome. You have to be okay with this decision, mentally, emotionally & spiritually. I am still working on it. Hope this helped ! Just an honest opinion. If you ever need to talk I am here.
sandra A.
on 4/21/04 7:53 am - myakka city, FL
Hi Kathy, One of the first questions I asked the surgeon was about his fatality rate. He has had 2 fatalities in over 600 by-passes. Those two were on men that when they got home they didn't do their walking and died from blood clots. I figure, my chances are great. I'm a female and boy will I make sure I do my walking and lung exercises. If you don't know the answer ther is no such thing as a stupid question. Hugs, Sandy
Lexa321
on 4/21/04 11:21 am - weston, FL
ohh yes... everyday... and everyday... i have to convice my self that i am good enough to have the sugery... you will be fine girlfriend... keep your head up...you will do great
Micmomof3
on 4/21/04 1:31 pm - Jacksonville, fl
You know this is something I struggle with all the time. I am always thinking about what if I die. I am not scared for myself. I am more so worried about my family. My children, my fiance, my mother and sisters. I think about this literally all the time. I dream about this very subject also, because it consumes me so much. It's a scarey thought. I just try to tell myself that God is with me, I am in his hands. I may change my mind once I get an approval, but if I don't I will definitly have to have some peace of mind within myself before going under the knife. I also plan to make a list of "things" for my family just in case the worst does happen. I will keep you in my prayers and please do the same for me! Thank you, Michelle.
MizCathy
on 4/22/04 12:18 am - Tallahassee, FL
Hey Kathy, I too read the memorial page and it really scared me. Then I had to realize that what GOD has for me it is for me. And he has not left me yet through all the other things that I have been through and so I know that whatever I go through he will be there. I want you to believe the same thing. He loves you and he will take care of you. Don't ever doubt that. Just know that during your surgery and mine, he will be right there with us, guiding the surgeon's hand to make sure all is done right. If you need to talk just email me and I will be glad to listen and respond. Cathy
Shayna T.
on 4/22/04 4:27 am - Miami, FL
I had second thoughts the first time, and I didn't have it done. About 12 years ago when I was married to an active-duty Air Force person, my next door neighbor in New Mexico had WLS surgery done. I believe she had the VBG, where they just did the stomach stapling, but there wasn't any bypass. Anyway, she practically melted right before our very eyes. I was a candidate for the surgery but decided I couldn't take the time off work, I didn't want to have it done during the summer, blah, blah, blah. I had a million excuses not to get it done. Twelve years later, I regret that I lost those 12 years to obesity. Second thoughts are a very natural thing. But I'm really not having second thoughts this time. I'm ready for this. Good luck in your weight loss journey! ~ T Miami, Florida
Daria D.
on 4/22/04 12:54 pm - Palm Beach Gardens, FL
I CAN UNDERSTAND YOUR SECOND THOUGHTS ABOUT THE SURGERY. I AM HAVING THEM MYSELF. I HAVE HAD 3 FRIENDS THAT HAVE HAD IT DONE AND 2 OF 3 ARE STILL HAVING PROBLEMS (ANEMIA, CHRONIC FATIGUE, GENERAL MALAISE). BESIDES THAT, THEIR SKIN IS SAGGING AND IT LOOKS AWFUL. ONE FRIEND HAD TO HAVE A HERNIA REPAIR JUST WEEKS AFTER HER SURGERY. THE OTHER HAD TO HAVE 2 ESOPHAGEAL STRICTURES CORRECTED. I NEED TO LOSE THE WEIGHT, BUT I JUST CANNOT GET MY HEAD AROUND THE POSSIBLITY OF LOSING MY LIFE. I AM A SINGLE PARENT AND LOST MY DAD LAST YEAR AND A HOST OF OTHER FAMILY ISSUES LAST YEAR, AND I JUST CANNOT TAKE A CHANCE OF LOSING THE TIME I HAVE WITH MY DAUGHTER, AND THE THOUGHT OF HER ENDING UP WITH HER DAD SCARES ME. I AM NOW GOING TO THE GYM 3 TIMES A WEEK TO WORK OUT CARDIO AND WEIGHTS AND DOING THE SOUTH BEACH DIET AND IT IS HELPING. FOOD FOR THOUGHT...
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views