Had my appt with PCP..Good Grief !

Sabrina N.
on 4/20/04 2:18 am - Jacksonville, FL
Hello Everyone. First and foremost I hope everyone is blessed and having a great day. I just wanted to update you about my appt. yesterday. I went to see my PCP and discuss WLS and my other problems. I weighed in ( Gulp ) at 256. I told her about my research and how I felt. She listened and was really nice. She told me what she wanted me to understand about the risks and complications. She was firm and stated that she wanted WLS to be a last resort. I gave her my "homework" charting every diet, pill, exercise and percaution That I have ever taken. She couldn't believe it. Then she told me how hard it would be to get my insurance to approve it and told me what we needed to work on. However she wanted to see me in 30 days - she prescribed me a diet pill called Meridia - she wants to see the results and if it is unsuccessful it's just more fuel for the insurance Anyhow she tried to get up and leave and I stopped her. I told her about the sleep problems, dozing all day, while I'm driving, never rested, exhaustion, fatigue and so on. Her attitude changed ! She said that I needed to see a Pulminologist as soon as possible. That this condition of Sleep Apnea was very dangerous and that it was common complaint of obesity. She stated that if the sleep study was positive that the refferal would turn into a severe medical neccisity(sp?). Then she told me she would go ahead and give me my refferal. She told me she wanted me to see Dr. Sooriash. Not the Surgeon I wanted...but I explained my concerns and the feedback I have read on him . She said that he is the only one that she would recommend..that he is very straight forward and makes you work for your success. If I didn't like him then we would search out more possibilites. SO now I am waiting for my labs to come in (3-5 days ) and get my referral number. Then I can call and make my appts. with the Pulminologist and Dr. Sooriash. So ..... the ball is rolling and I am very nervous But the first step had been taken and I am glad it's over. I started taking Meridia this morning..I feel real I dont want to take it. I hate taking pills. Oh Well. Has anyone else been to see Dr. Sooriash ? I read his profile and all of the patient's profiles..I was just curious. That's all for now kiddies. God Bless and Best Wishes. Sabrina
sandra A.
on 4/21/04 8:02 am - myakka city, FL
Hi Sabrina, I don't see why you just don't twitch your nose and get slimmer. Anyway, I have sleep apnea and have fallen asleep while driving. It's really exciting. The only way I could stay awake was if I crunched on ice while driving. I sleep with a bi-pap machine fo the last 10 years and I don't have those sleepy days any more. My pulmonologist said that all of his patients that had wls were able to eventually get off the machine. I can't wait for my surgery. I'm waiting for a date now. Sandy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views