went to tell my PCP i wanted WLS!

Jennifer J.
on 4/19/04 1:06 pm - Tampa, FL
I went to my PCP today and he said he didn't wanna say I can get the WLS because he didn't wanna be held responsible. Even though he said I would have good results and he knows it would work for me. His exact words were,"what if you die? I will be held responsible for saying you can do it!" what an ********o needless to say i am changing him.....man that sux!! any one have a WLS friendly pcp????? let me know name, address, number and or email or website. thank you all
Micmomof3
on 4/19/04 1:31 pm - Jacksonville, fl
Jennifer, I am so sorry to hear this, but remember when one door closes another one opens. A woman from here named Keyna, told me when going to speak to your PCP requarding wls just lay it on the table and if they don't want to support you just move on. Think of it as shopping, they are working for you! Tell them what you want and if they can't offer move on to someone who can give you what you want! Some of the best advice I have gotten, seeing as I am also very scared as to what my new PCP will say as well. Good Luck with everything. Michelle
sandra A.
on 4/20/04 12:12 am - myakka city, FL
Hi Jennifer, I am having my surgery by Dr. Murr in Tampa at TGH. I live in Sarasota and my pcp did the research for me through all her medical friends and she feels secure with him. Why don't you call his office in Tampa and speak to either Martha or Susan and tell them what the problem is and ask for the name of a physician near you that could be of help. Sandy
sherri parker
on 4/20/04 5:32 am - port richey, FL
Go to my PCP. He is in Tampa. Dr. Robert Dean (727)787-4383. He has 2 locations. He has stuck with me for 4 years in this approval battle for the surgery. He is a sweetie. Needless to say his office staff is very nice.
Sonia M.
on 4/20/04 2:43 pm - PORT ST LUCIE, FL
Hi Jennifer, I had the same problem with my PCP. He told me I had diabetes,hypertension and told me my cholesterol was high (hyperlipidemia) then told me my weight is causing me all my health problems. He said you have to loose 100 lbs dont walk anymore start running then he sent me on my way. This was all in one office visit I tried to loose the weight but after that news. It was really hard to get out of the rutt. I thought I was going to die. One of my friends had the surgery and told me about I didnt want to go through all that but I asked my Dr about it he was totally againts it. I told him I needed help "I cant do this alone". He put me on Xenical and I joined weigh****chers I did that for a year no good results. Feeling worse than ever I went to the seminar met with the surgeon started the ball rolling when my insurance asked for a letter of medical necessity I went into the Drs office again and told him this is what I want, this is what I have done and this is what I need. He got angry and said all I want is a miracle and the surgeons are just trying to get richer off this. He didnt want to be responsible if anything goes wrong. I let him say what he had to say then I just looked at him and told him I cant do this on my own. He knows after 4 years being his patient and seeing my struggle he gave in. He wrote the letter gave me my medical notes from my chart told me some horror stories about the surgery. I told him I did my home work I know what to expect and what is expected of me. Faxed all the info I had to the surgeon 3 days later I was approved. Some Drs are old fashion some dont want to be bothered. My Dr was the biggest pain in the butt. He knows this can help.They all do just keep trying. If it isnt the insurance issues its a Dr trying to play God. Good luck to you.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views