Paperwork submitted to B/C B/S of FL

Molly C.
on 4/19/04 11:33 am - GA
Hello, I am asking for prayers concerning B/C B/S of FL (PPO) approving my surgery. The bariatic center sent in the months of paper work last Friday. Now the big wait..Please pray for my surgery to be approved and sucessful. I have been working on this since October 03 and now I am feeling anxiety as time draws near. Also I want to thank the three of you who emailed me back in response to my question on how long it took B/C B/S of FL to approve their surgeries. As we all know BC BS of FL is going to discontinue weight loss surgery in Jan 05. This makes me nervous that it will be even more difficult to get surgery approval now. I am so thankful for this wonderful website....
BullDog Lady
on 4/19/04 12:50 pm - Somewhere GREAT!
Molly, I understand COMPLETLY how you feel. I am in the same boat having BCBS of FL myself, but I can't submitt my paper work for a few more months. GOOD LUCK!! I will be praying for you! Becky
catlady
on 4/20/04 3:11 am - Ft Gaines, GA
I have BCBS of Fl HMO and I had my answer withine 2 weeks. Good luck. I do not know anything about the PPO.
carrie B.
on 4/20/04 1:17 pm - pine bluff, AR
I also have bcbs of fl (ppo) ...i called them the day after i faxed my paperwork to make sure they received it....they told me it could take up too 3 weeks before i got a reply....i called them 3 days later and was told i was approved....I didnt get the formal letter until two weeks later....but I was so glad I called.....I COULD NOT HAVE WAITED 2-3 WEEKS...LOL....I am scheduled for surg. 5/24...good luck too you...and god bless
Shannon S.
on 4/20/04 5:12 pm - somewhere, FL
I have the BCBS of Florida HMO and i was wondering is there any advice you can give me in hopes of getting it aproved. I am still in the begining stages but I really want the operation. Thanks.... Shannon
Molly C.
on 4/21/04 12:53 pm - GA
Hi Shannon, I wish I could give you some advise. The only advise I have at this time is to call your insurance company, have them give you a list of what they require. Write down who you speak to and ask for a reference number of your call. Keep a notebook just for this. Always date the information you write in it. I made several calls during the first two weeks, to varify what the insurance company needed. Varify, Varify, Varify. Please read the response to my initial post. Martha responded and she has BC BS FL HMO. She will be able to help you as she has already been approved. May God go with you during your travel through this. Sincerely, Molly
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1433 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views