Can't you do without WLS?

Kathy J.
on 4/19/04 7:50 am - St Petersburg, FL
My husband believes that WE can do it this time. Now that I am approved, given the cardo ok and waiting for the blood sugar doctor's blessing my hubby thinks I should give him 6 months to show me WE can do this without WLS. He says he will "support" me in whatever I do. I believe having his support is very important. Now he has been in a drug/alcohol residential rehab for 23 months (he has been home since Dec 12th, 2004) but now that things are coming together he is trying to convince me that I don't need WLS. I have been pursuing WLS since fall of 2002! God seems to be opening all the doors! I know that WLS is ONLY a tool...one I badly need. I can't control my eating. I need something to aid me in this and I believe that WLS is the answer. Maybe I should give HIM one last try...but should I? Now that he is sober, and healthy again...maybe it can be done? Or he could leave me tomorrow (6 ft 170 lbs...very good looking) and I would be stuck in the same shape I am in now! Just need some "Food for Thought" or encouragement. I told him I am doing this for me...for MY health...what would you do? Thanks KJ
guiagal
on 4/19/04 9:23 am - Lake City, FL
Doing it for you is the most important reason to have this done. I am 7 weeks out and I am so thankful that I did it for me. You have supported him in his rehab and now it is his turn to support you. Do not lose your approval, you have worked so hard and yes in 6 months you will have lost some of your weight. This is your dream, go for it. GOOD LUCK!
Luvitsunny
on 4/19/04 3:15 pm - Sunny South, FL
Having the surgery is, of course, a personal decision. With 96 pounds to lose my husband wanted me to try "one more diet" and frankly after struggling with my weight 36+ years I was exhausted and new before starting that I would fail a traditional diet. WLS may be the tool of last choice but it has worked for me. At only 4 months post op I am 20 pounds from goal weight of 134#. I am committed to keeping the weight off - life is more precious now! Good luck.
MizCathy
on 4/21/04 1:08 am - Tallahassee, FL
I have an idea, why don't you think about yourself this time, because you were supported of him and now it is your turn. He should be encouraging you to do this to improve not only your health but the rest of your life with him too!!! I hope you work it out because you have come too far to lose that approval. Cathy
Jan Ocala
on 4/27/04 1:22 pm - Ocala, FL
Gee, I hate to say it, but if "WE" could do this together, you would have already done it!! Everyone here knows that it's not just a matter of will power and commitment. If it were that easy, NONE of us would be thinking about WLS. Make your decision for yourself!! Good luck, ~Jan
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1433 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views