what is up with the negativity in my house?

Kathy S.
on 4/16/04 11:07 pm - Port Orange, FL
After all these months of support and going to the support meetings and being behind me 100%, my dear husband had a few beers last night and told me what he REALLY thinks. He called the surgery a cop-out and told me I was taking the easy way out. Now, I expected this from my mother.... but not my spouse. He's lucky I didn't pull over and let him out of the mini van somewhere in Brevard County. (I got a hair up my rear and decided I wanted to go to Ron Jon's Surf Shop last night). For those who don't know, I live in Volusia County. Well, I guess me and my DH need to have a little chat this morning. Kathy in Port Orange~
Smellycat
on 4/16/04 11:45 pm - New Port Richey, Fl
It really bugs me when people say "Easy" way out. there is absolutely nothing 'EASY' about major surgery! If it was so easy, it wouldn't be called 'MAJOR' surgery, they'd call it 'EASY' surgery!!!
Kathy S.
on 4/16/04 11:47 pm - Port Orange, FL
right? aaarrrrgggghhhh.... K~
Lexa321
on 4/17/04 1:55 am - weston, FL
ohh girl im sorry... hope all works out...
BullDog Lady
on 4/17/04 7:06 am - Somewhere GREAT!
Kathy... I am so sorry to hear that you hubby said this to you. My mom has always told me that a drunk man speaks a sober mans thoughts. Well is that is the case then your hubby has not been supporting you or your ambission to be a thinner you since day one. Don't let this get under your skin. You have to take care of YOU! Only you know what is good for you, not your hubby or your mother. I wish you oh so lots of luck and best wishes in your journey! :Becky:
catlady
on 4/17/04 7:19 am - Ft Gaines, GA
Remember spouses get scared for you as you get closer to the surgery. That is one way of handling it. Yes talk to him about his fears too. You have fears as well. It is not an easy surgery.
Angie J.
on 4/17/04 1:39 pm - Wauchula, FL
hey there, this is angie, i took my hubby and i sat him down and let him read a lot of stuff that was on this site and he looks at it all a lot differently. he knows the risks and now he see's that there is a lot more success out there. my hubby was scared but now he feels better about it. but remember it is all about you, and how you feel. i hope everything goes well. good luck
Brenda N.
on 4/17/04 1:39 pm - Holiday, FL
KATHY, YOU HAVE TO BE LIKE ME. TELL YOURSELF I'M DOING THIS FOR ME AND NO ONE ELSE. WE HAVE TO LOVE OURSELVES. AND I THINK I SPEAK FOR EVERYONE IT'S ANYTHING BUT THE EASY WAY OUT. WE ARE ACTUALLY FACING DEATH. I AM SO SCARED BUT AT THE SAME TIME WITH ALL THIS EXTRA WEIGHT WE ARE DYING A SLOW PAINFUL DEATH. YOUR HUBBY IS PROBABLY SCARED YOU WILL LOOK SO HOT YOU'LL FIND GREENER PASTURES SOMEWHERE SO HANG IN THERE SWEETIE AND DO THIS FOR YOU HUGS AND PRAYERS BRENDA
Margaret F.
on 4/19/04 12:25 am - (7-07-04)
Sounds like you are gonna straighten out your man. Cop out my a$$. Let him go under the knife and face death, and see what he thinks. Courage is what you have girl, and nothing else. good luck, margaret
Luvitsunny
on 4/19/04 3:33 pm - Sunny South, FL
Kathy, be patient with your husband. WLS effects everyone in a relationship. I first experienced it after a breast reduction some years ago. My husband said he felt like he was making love to another woman. It was an adjustment for both of us. Since my Lap RNY surgery 12/15/03, although he is a wonderful support to me, I know he is having some adjustments to the "new Physical me". Keep communication open! Good luck.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views