words of encouragement please

Jennifer J.
on 4/16/04 1:18 pm - Tampa, FL
I am in one of those moods. I am dreading my appointment my my PCP Monday to tell him I wanna have a WLS. With the kind of Dr. I have, I don't think he will say ok. He's the type of Dr. that when they call me in to get test results, he prescribes me something that I am not even there for. Last time I went to get results, he gave me acne pills and even told me it'd make my liver counts even higher than they already are. i am so scared and nervous he is going to say no!!!!!!! I would really like to him!!!
melindainfla
on 4/16/04 1:33 pm - pinellas county, fl
Jennifer, If you are not happy with your care...change doctors!!! Right away. As a patient it is your right to understand the care you reviece. I wish you good luck and I am saying a prayer for you. Melinda
SimplyRedHead
on 4/16/04 1:52 pm - Longwood, FL
If you have been with your doctor a while, they should have your records showing your struggles with weight. I didnt really have a relationship with my doctor, but I had gone to the practice for several years. I started my conversation out with something like, "As you can see, I have battled my weight as long as I have been a patient with you and longer..." the doctor started looking over my charts and I just said that I was tired of the ailments (hbp, aches and pains), having no energy, the personal struggles (like not getting promoted and feeling self conscious in social settings), lack of self esteem, yada yada yada and then said I had been researching WLS and launched into my "campaign". To my surprise, she agreed that this was a viable option for me. Before she would agree to anything though, she wanted me to research WLS and talk to my insurance company. I went back a month later, discuseed what I found out and got her approval and asked for a letter to be written and copies of my records. I also anticipated the worst, but so far so good. Good luck to you
christen_servey
on 4/18/04 4:31 am - Kissimmee, FL
Dear Jennifer, I agree with the first one who posted...find a new doctor. There are doctors out there that understand and will provide you with that letter. Also, the best thing I can tell you is go in armed with all the information that you have on the surgery. Explain that you know the risk and that you are willing to take them. Tell him that it is your body and you want it done. Then tell him if he wont support you then you will go to someone new. I have had my doctor only for about a year...he wrote my letter with no problem. He tried to change my mind and told me about the problems people have...I told him I knew it all. Some of the things he stated I had never heard of so I researched it after I left his office. But he still wrote me my letter. I wish you luck and will keep you in my prayers, good luck tomorrow and remember if you dont like his answers....find someone new. Christen
Luvitsunny
on 4/19/04 3:38 pm - Sunny South, FL
Let your doctor Know that your knowledgable about the procedure and you feel that with past history the surgery is your personal choice. It is your PCP choice to support you and help you through the medical elements or his/her choice to tell you that it is not his/her recommendation. Either way he/she chooses, medical records will show your weight loss/gain history. That's what most insurance companies want to verify anyway. Good luck.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views