support, non-support, support, non-support...

Kathy S.
on 4/15/04 12:08 pm - Port Orange, FL
Well I was wondering how long it was going to take my mother to say something stupid. She said to me tonight on the phone from 350 miles away "don't you think you could lose weight if you just quit eating potato chips?" At first I got really defensive (I don't eat potato chips and I reminded her of the obese people in the family, excluding only her and my older brother, oh yeah, and there's the fact I've dieted off and on for 20 years), then I just cracked up. Really, I laughed out loud. I don't know why, but I did. Maybe because I didn't think something so idiotic could come out of someone who is supposed to have at least half a brain. Just thought I would share this with you guys. Kathy~ p.s., don't worry, I don't let her get to me.. really I don't.
HeatherBlood
on 4/15/04 3:02 pm - Anchorage, AK
Kathy, sorry your mom is not supportive. I was lucky enough to have a very supportive family. Good luck to you.
catlady
on 4/15/04 7:15 pm - Ft Gaines, GA
I had people that at first questioned me. I finally told them, "The decision has been made, I appreciate it if you would support me on this" and most of them agreed to do so. Maybe try that on them in the future. It worked for me.
Jennifer J.
on 4/16/04 4:27 am - Tampa, FL
i told my mom, my sister and my best firned yesterday i was going to talk to my pcp about the wls. my best friend didnt say a word so i have no idea what she thinks and my mom said "oh, are you?" not quite the response i wanted, but i guess it's better than trying to talk me out of it. my sister said" i don't want you to do that." that's all she had to say about it too! i nkow it will make me happy with myself and the way i will look will make me happy! thats what matters to me right now. i cant let them get to me and you shouldnt let anything anyne has to say effect your decision! good luck!
Angie J.
on 4/16/04 4:56 am - Wauchula, FL
hello kathy well my mom isn't very supported but i think she is kinda scared, hy husband wasn't either, but when i got him to sit down with me and showed him all the advantages and disadvantages, and showed him all of the health problems that it helps he isn't so scared anymore but very supportive now. i want to sit my mom down and show her maybe it will help. i hope so. try it, it may help them understand everything better, and what your going through. i hope all is well for you. good luck
Lexa321
on 4/17/04 3:26 am - weston, FL
ohh girl... i know what you mean... my mom is the same way.. so is my dad and the sad this is... they are both skinny.... sometimes i dotn like skinny people
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1433 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views