Jacksonville, FL help?

Bo-belly
on 1/23/10 11:56 am
Hello!  My sister just found out that her insurance now covers WLS and she is interested in getting the Realize Band.  Anyone from Jacksonville have the band and really like their surgeon and aftercare?  Thanks so much in advance!!
297/274/218/160

The best inspiration is to not outdo others, but to outdo ourselves.

GIRLIEGODDESS
on 1/25/10 10:12 pm
you can use NF Surgeons.  you have to go through the Novus group (whom I love love love).  The surgeons there are Dr. Webb & Dr. Deperi (my surgeon).  I loved them.  and they do single incision if your a candidate.  here is there #.....904-399-2888.  Tell them Nicole Jackson referred ya.  maybe i'll get to meet ya'll.  and if ya have any questions, feel free to ask me.  I had my surgery 12/23/09 & couldn't be happier with the experience.
HW-347, SW-332, GW-209         

Bo-belly
on 1/26/10 12:09 am
Thanks, Nicole.  I'll let her know.  I wish I was there to help her, but I live in KY.  I told her about this site, but she hasn't had a chance to get on here yet.  I appreciate your helpfulness! 
297/274/218/160

AshleyDillo
on 1/27/10 9:47 am - Tallahassee, FL
I second GIRLIEGODDESS.  I love my surgeon and the aftercare program with Novus.  You can direct her to check out www.yournovus.com for more information.  They do use the REALIZE band for their lapband surgery.

RNY: 7/2009

HW:  361   SW: 320  CW:  157.6

Bo-belly
on 1/27/10 8:31 pm
Thanks, Ashley!
297/274/218/160

abandster
on 4/9/10 7:43 am

Hi, I'm a support group leader here in Jacksonville and would love to talk to your sister. 

She can contact me at [email protected] or call me at 755-5085. 

In fact, I'd be happy to talk to you and answer any questions you might have, as well.  My area code (as you probably know) is 904 and if I can't talk, my phone will be off and if you leave a message, I'll be happy to call you back.

I'd be delighted to take your sister by the hand and walk her thru this.  There are some surgeons that will charge you a "sign up" fee that's not refundable and I can discuss that with either of you.  If you happen to have that "conference" feature on your phone and you and your sister and I can get on the same line at the same time, I'd be happy to chat with both of you at one time so we can all hear each other questions and concerns.

And I'm glad you asked about the aftercare.  Its as important...no, its more important than the pre op concerns as post op lasts a whole lot longer....as in the rest of your life.

The Realize Band is a newer band than I have but I know the pros and cons of that one compared to what I have, the Vanguard, and the Realize is much improved.  I had the option to have my replaced but declined.  And there is an even newer one your sister may be able to get, depending on when she gets approved.  My surgeon was talking to me about it just the other day.

And as far as MY surgeon.....he gives you his cell phone number on your first visit.  There aren't many that do that.  What a comfortable feeling.

Please stay in touch and give your sister my contact information.  I'm excited for her and my support group LOVES newbies as we have a chance to tell our stories all over again and help somebody from step one.

Be blessed,
LaWanda

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views