i am looking for a docto...

Angie J.
on 4/14/04 1:35 pm - Wauchula, FL
i am looking for a doctor that takes medicaid/ medipass. i'm in central florida, any suggestions? i would also like to have as much help as i can. i have been searching for WLS for a while and just recently i came across this site, and i have found it very informative. thanks for any info
christy S.
on 4/14/04 2:12 pm - pace, fl
hey i am right outside of pensacola so where in the h*** are you ??? i ahve never heard of that name . well there is a dr. in ft. lauderdale that takes it i have my consult w/ him next trusday. can't what it took less than a week to get me approved with medicaid!!!!!!
Angie J.
on 4/14/04 2:31 pm - Wauchula, FL
hey there, it is in hardee county. right below polk county and right above desoto county. can you tell me his name and what all you had to do to get it aproved?
christy S.
on 4/14/04 2:44 pm - pace, fl
hey girl well his name is dr.samual cox, and all you have to do is call his office and talk with carey he is great and very caring..!!!he will send you the packet that you will need.. he is very helpful and all you have to do is call and he will do what he can to help but if it is on patient day he will ask that you call back the next day cause they are very busy.. i had to see a psyco dr., heart dr., pul. (lungdr), and do the nutrional class and edautional classes that you have to take and the nutrl. and pshy are cost out of pocket casue mediciad doesn't pay for that so you do you have to do blood work asap to make sure that you don't have s batrica growing in your stomach and if it comes back + then you have to take 2 weeks of antibodics his number is 954-928-0066. i have to drive 10hrs to go and see him cause no one here will help me out cause of medicad it sucks. let me know if you need anymore help
Angie J.
on 4/14/04 2:55 pm - Wauchula, FL
hey, lol, all i have to do is call? i don't have to go in or make an appt.? what day do you think id the best day to call?
christy S.
on 4/14/04 3:05 pm - pace, fl
you won't have to go into see him until you are approved!! this is my first time meeting him but you do have to see there dr.s that they have down cause they will be there to help you after surgery i don't now about tommorow but what the hell i would call and get things started. let your pcp know what is going on and have him or her start on a letter of medical nesst. and clearcne as well you need to do up you diet and history and have them sign it you have to have i think it was 1 yr by the dr. i was able to write everything for my dr. and all he did was copy it to his letterhead and signed it.. and i even did my on weight and diet history and i went back to when i was 12yrs old and i am only 29 fixing to be 30 in june i will be on the losing side i do hope by then let me know if you neeed more info here to help in any way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Angie J.
on 4/14/04 3:22 pm - Wauchula, FL
thank you so much for the help. i am gonna call first thing in the morning. when you fisrt started how long did it take to get as far as you have, to where you are now?
christy S.
on 4/14/04 3:27 pm - pace, fl
i started my paper work as soon as i got it and faxed it to him and it was the second week in march.which i was on the ball and made sure i stayed on top of things on my end and with me and stayed posted with carey.. so you can figure about 1 1/2month cause we went while it was spring break and that was hell cause it cost so much. how far are you from ft.lauderdale
Angie J.
on 4/14/04 3:44 pm - Wauchula, FL
i am about 3 hours away. i am about 1 1/2 from tampa. i hope i can get approved . i hope everything goes well for you.
christy S.
on 4/14/04 3:52 pm - pace, fl
you will do great when you get started and you will right here right along side of me .well that is good that you don't have to drive so far ..if you don't mind me asking how much do you weigh and what is your height mine is 366 and5'6" so my bmi is pretty high and i have so much other problems to go right along with it so i can't what so i can play with my 11month old and 10yr old will tell you you will have to stay in the hospital 1week and the other week you have to stay there cause they want you to be able to get to the hospital within 90 mins in cause anything does happen !!!! thank god my uncle lives in ssaint port lucy something like that he is doing a job there so he is renting a house there until he finishes and his real home is in new port richey which isn't that far as well talk to you in a few
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1433 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views