Is anyone else disappointed in weight loss?

Marlene A.
on 4/14/04 10:20 am - Port Orange, FL
Is anyone else questioning their weight loss? My surgery was 1/28/04 and I've lost only 42 lbs. I keep reading these huge weight loss amountson the chat and in doctor's office and everywhere. I am getting very discouraged because most of the weight came off in first thirty days. I can eat almost everything but pasta and raw vegetables. I am really frightened that I will be one of those it doesn't work on. I have only gotten sick about three times. I am just really upset and worried. Dr. Overcash did my surgery and my recovery was just amazing but the weight loss is frustrating.
BarbieCarroll
on 4/14/04 10:37 am - Norcross, GA
Marlene, Why get frustrated? It's going to come off. Stop worrying! You are not the only one it isn't going to work on. 42 pounds in less than three months is good! You haven't even hit the 3-month mark yet! My surgery was a week before yours and I have lost 41 pounds to date. Be thankful that your recovery went well and enjoy the ride - it will come off. I'll tell you a little secret when you stop focusing on it so much and just live your new life, you'll look at the scale and be amazed. I had to stop weighing every other day to let go. I also had to think back about the last time I lost 40 lbs in three months... NEVER! Just my strategy and opinion anyway - take it for what it's worth! Good Luck! Barbie 281/239/150
PTSloan
on 4/15/04 2:56 am - Lake City, FL
Marlene. There was a lady in my support group that had the same thing, she went back to our surgeon and they found that she blew her staple line, call your surgeons office and tell them everything that is going on they may want to do an endoscopy to see. How much are you eating? Are you exercising? These are the 2 things to look at first to see if they are lacking...I had my surgery almost 2 years ago and am in the process of getting certified to be a Personal Trainer dealing with bypass patients if you have any questions please feel free to email me...Good luck and let me know what you find out. Beth
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views