New to FL- need a good doctor for follow-ups! (Winter Garden)

oceangem27
on 1/24/10 11:33 am - Winter Garden, FL
I am moving to FL in 2 weeks- had my WLS surgery in December 2008, not losing a lot of weight at all :(  Can someone please recommend a good doctor/support groups in the Winter Garden area?  I am overdue for a follow-up visit amd wamt to make sure I find a great Doctor down here!
IGDiva
on 1/24/10 12:22 pm - Orlando, FL
 Hi There,  You might want to check out Dr. Kim at Celebration Health.  They also have several Support Groups open to the public.  Here's his website; floridabariatric.com
Lisa
HW 380/SW303/CW203  
PLennon
on 1/29/10 12:13 pm, edited 1/29/10 12:14 pm - Orlando, FL
I agree. Dr. Kim is the way to go! It's maybe an hours drive from you but soooo worth it! Good luck
"The spirit dance was unfolding..."

Disneygirl
on 2/3/10 10:08 am - Kissimmee, FL
Welcome to the Orlando area ... I'm a patient of Dr. Mahammad Jawad (Ocala, FL) & he has a satellite office in Orlando in the Metro West area.  His staff is there every Monday & we have a FANTASTIC support group meeting the 4th Monday of every month.  I am 3 yrs post-op & have lost 189 lbs.  You're welcome to check out my profile here (Disneygirl); however I haven't posted any updates, except photos, recently but I highly recommend Dr. Jawad!!!  If you have any questions I will be happy to help you.  Feel free to email me at [email protected] & put in the subject that you're from OH.  Hope to see you at our next suppor group meeting.  BTW, Dr. Jawad's website is www.jawadmd.com ... check it out!  He's one of the top 10 baratric surgeons in the country!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views