Who's better?

AR A.
on 4/14/04 12:30 am - Miami, FL
Hello Everyone, I'd like to get all feedback from anyone that has done their surgery with Dr. De La Cruz Munoz or with Dr. Verdaja, who are both in the Miami Area. I keep hearing that one is the best and then that the other is really the best in South Florida. I have researched them both,and know 2 different people that are having up coming surgery with each of them. But I would really like to get more input on anyone's experience with either one. I know ultimately the decision is all mine, but I'd like to know why I hear that Dr. De La Cruz is the best in WLS in miami, but then I hear that Dr.Verdaja is the best in miami .. Thank You
Lexa321
on 4/14/04 7:13 am - weston, FL
well... my dr is dr rosenthal... and people come from all over the state to see him... i dunno if that says anything.... but... only you can decide which one you like better...go with your instincts... they are probley right
dinamite38
on 4/15/04 2:38 am - Miami, FL
I went to Dr. Verdeja for a consult and although I really liked him, I didn't like his staff. I ended up having surgery with Dr. Sosa in Hialeah. In my opinion he is the best surgeon in the state. I know that everyone has differing opinions because Dr. Sosa has a very large out of pocket fee. But he is involved with everyone of his patients and he forces each of his patients to be involved in their post op care and holds himself accountable if they don't. I missed my 3 month appointment and he called me personally and asked me that the heck was wrong and when am I coming in. He has a huge gym in Hialeah, nutritionists, personal trainers, supplies vitamins monthly, support group meeting monthly, clothing exchanges and all the post op care for 1 year with no more costs. His staff is superior (Verdeja couldn't get me approved, Sosa's office got an approval in 12 hours after submission). He has never lost a patient and his surgical time is just under an hour and a half. The average wait for surgery from time of first visit is 6 weeks. He has had 2 complications in over 500 surgeries. His success rate (patients reaching goal and staying within 10 pounds of goal) is 98%. He works out at his own gym therefore he interact with his patients daily. He throws a yearly party for his patients. He is the head of Surgery at Hialeah Hospital. He just brought a plastic surgeon on staff and is offering discounted rates to his patients. I could go on and on. Just my opinion of course, but Dr. Sosa is the best in the business!!! Smooches, Gigi
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views