ARG !!! Lord Grant me patience....

Sabrina N.
on 4/13/04 11:44 pm - Jacksonville, FL
Good Morning Everyone. I hope all is well on this grand Wednesday Morning.First I pray for all those having their surgery today.May The Lord Protect them and Love Them.Second... I pray that the Lord Grant me patience with idiots who have NEVER seen a fat day in their whole life.I am sooooooooooo Sick of hearing the word & Phrase " Easy Way out ". What is so damn easy about this decison to have surgery ? What is Easy?? Forgive my ... Irritabiltiy. I am a little proturbed and upset.I just had a co-worker( and very close friend of Mine Also) tell me that I was being melodramatic. That I needed to step back from the table.That I would regret taking the easy way out and if I would set my mind to it .... well you know the rest.Basically I told her that she had no idea what she was talking about.Then she told me about myself and that I was using medical excuses just to be thin by Christmas.I sat thru her abuse for 20 minutes. So you can imagine the hurt and pain that this so called friend caused me. Nothing I said would register to her. I was wrong and she was right. I told her that I respected her opinion and that Perhaps this was something that we could not discuss any further.NEVER.I am generally a nice person. I have no enemys. But It took all of the strength I had to hold back the tears and not jump on this idiot and pound the ever loving crap outta her. SO ... I have manged to calm down enough to talk.I had hope that coming here and posting would make me feel better. And it has. Sorry for venting. But I just have to learn how to deal with the uneducated. I cant surely beat the hell out of everyone that disagrees with me. But telling me to step back from the table..well that was really insulting. I dont eat that damn much to begin with. I still respect her as my friend I guess. We have never had a ...dispute about anything before...But there are boundries of being insulted ! Well I guess I should get back to wor****il the next unsupportive idiot comes along.......SMILE....... P.S. People with opinions are not generally idoits. I am just angry and in due time if they dont want to be educated about WLS then thats their problem...... Deepest Regards, Sabrina
Kathy S.
on 4/14/04 12:00 am - Port Orange, FL
Hi Sabrina! Well, I guess I'm lucky that nobody has been that insulting to me, although I thought my mother would be. But anyone who knows me knows that genetics is not on my side.... my whole family could use this surgery! Anywho... this so-called friend needs to "step away" herself.. from you... at least until she either "knows" what she's talking about or until after you are on the losing side because you really don't need the stress right now and you really need all the support you can get. You are correct, she needs to be educated and maybe you can help her with that. (if she wants to be educated about it, maybe she would rather stay ignorant about it, who knows..) She also needs to know what a tough decision this really is... easy way out? Hmmmm.... maybe she should read these boards. Anyway, you know you need support and to stay away from negativity, so what you do with this, is up to you.... but remember the old saying... "a friend in need is a friend indeed" and if she can't be your friend when you are in need, then is she really a true friend?? Good luck to you.... you know you are welcome to vent or say anything on here... you won't be judged. Kathy~
Susan F.
on 4/14/04 12:44 am - Jacksonville, FL
My oh My! I do hope THAT never happens again! Hang in there hon and know that you can come here and vent *anytime*. For every one person that is negative about your journey, on here (and hopefully out there) you will find 25 people who are willing to support you! Take care and know that we are all praying for you! -Susan (8 days post op)
PTSloan
on 4/14/04 2:05 am - Lake City, FL
Sabrina, I am sorry that you had to endure that. I am a post-op and I too had non-supporters. But know this, once I had the surgery and saw how committed I was to the new "Me" they jumped on the bandwagon and are now my biggest supporters. People who are scared or afraid of losing you are the people who will act out the most. It usually is done in love, but I am not so sure about your co-worker. I will support you and build you up...you are having the courage to say enough is enough and you are now fighting to get your life back, and if they cannot see that then they are the ones that need to step back and look in the mirror and ask themselves who do I think I am? What gives me the right to judge? Surely they are not God, so they have no right to judge. I live in Lake City which is an hour from Jacksonville, if you ever need an ear to listen while you vent just let me know.. email address is [email protected] here is my website so you can see why I had the surgery.. http://www.picturetrail.com/JellyBelly33594 good luck hope to hear from you soon. Beth
Brenda N.
on 4/15/04 1:56 pm - Holiday, FL
hello sabrina, i know what your going through. my mother,husband,daughter,son, friends all made that remark to me. thats the easy way out. i know if you just put your mind to it you can do it. HELLO I HAVE PUT MY MIND TO IT FOR THE LAST 32 YEARS. MY MIND DOSENT LISTEN.AND EASY WAY OUT!!!! OMG THIS WAS THE HARDEST DECISION I EVER MADE IN MY LIFE. WE ARE AT THE END OF OUR ROPES AND THIS IS OUR ONLY OPTION LEFT.THEY NEED TO REALIZE THAT. you did the right thing posting it here because we all know and we can all be friends and listen with a caring and loving heart. HUGS AND PRAYERS. DONT WORRY ABOUT WHAT OTHER PEOPLE SAY. HANG IN THERE GILFRIEND. BRENDA
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views