I need help and advice....

Shannon S.
on 4/13/04 2:50 pm - somewhere, FL
I am 25 and currently almost 5'0 and 240 lbs. I think that what scares me the most is that if I ever have children I will never beable to eat Thanksgiving or if they make me a cake then I will have to disapoint them and not eat it. I have such a pretty face and I am sure that everyone like me is tired of being told that. But I think that if I was skinnier I would be a lot happier and live my life more. My family has a lot of medical history that no matter what I have to get the weight off before I have a heartattack. What I would like help with is what are the complications that yall have had and anything that you think that I should know because I am really considering the surgery. Thank you so much and I wish everyone well at whatever stage they are at. Shannon
christy S.
on 4/13/04 2:56 pm - pace, fl
hey there and welcome !!!!! there is so much that you can learn from this broad i go from this one to the main broad which has alot more post on them and you learn alot more... what kind of insurance do you have and where do you live and i will try to help you in all i can.. what kind of health problems do you have??? you can talk to your pcp and ask him or her what do they think and they can get youstarted and i can try to help you out as much as i can talk to you later
Shannon S.
on 4/13/04 3:14 pm - somewhere, FL
I have Bluecross HMO I dont have anything that I know of wrong with me but if you look at my Genetics I have to get this weight off because of my height. Diabeties runs in my family not to mention both my Grandfathers have 3 stints in their heart and I believe both had a triple bypass. Grandmother is on heart pressure medicine. My Aunt is a OR nurse and she thinks that I should have the surgery because she knows more of whats wrong with them and that I will get too if I dont lose the weight. I think that because I am still young that this is the calm before the storm. But I dont think that it will be the same in say 5 years thanks to my height. I live near Orlando and I just moved here so I had to get a New PCP so who knows how that will go. I have that appointment on the 27th. Thanks for all your help. Shannon
Kathy S.
on 4/13/04 8:32 pm - Port Orange, FL
Shannon, I don't know where you are in Fl, but in Daytona they have an info session once a month at Halifax Medical Center from East Coast Bariatrics that's open to the public and the whole team is there to answer questions, the surgeon, the psychiatrist, the dietician, the physiologist, the insurance person... etc... plus immediately following is a support meeting where post-ops come to talk and lend support. Wherever you are in Fl, I suggest and highly recommend you find an info/support meeting and attend. These boards are wonderful for info and support, but in my opinion, the info session was the best because I was able to ask the surgeon questions right then and there. Good luck to you! Kathy`
Shannon S.
on 4/14/04 2:00 pm - somewhere, FL
Thanks Kathy I will look in to it.. I think that might be a little far but maybe I can make an over night trip with it because I live near Orlando or maybe just a long day. Thanks, Shannon
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views