Just Wondering :o)

Sabrina N.
on 4/12/04 11:56 pm - Jacksonville, FL
Good Morning Everyone. I hope today finds you Greatly blessed and full of happiness. I have been alot more at ease since my post yesterday. I scheduled an appt. for Monday with my PCP to see if she will give me a refferal. I already have a surgeon pick out to talk to ~Thanks to a very VERY helpful and kind person. I am still wondering though..If my PCP will be supportive or not. I dont wanna have to " convince " her .. I am praying that she will just see the light and agree and hopefully be helpful. Can anyone give me a heads up on what to expect ? How can I be more prepared ? I dont want to be caught like a deer in the head lights ! lol ... A Great Big Thank You to all of you who helped me with my worries ! Thank You for the emails and your responses and most of all....Your SUPPORT. I appreciate each and every one of you. Be Blessed and Take Care ! Deepest Regards, Sabrina
Susan F.
on 4/13/04 3:12 am - Jacksonville, FL
hey Sabrina, Good morning! I understand what you mean, honestly! Sometimes it seems the docs are supportive at all or at least have those 'last tries' that they feel you need to do before agreeing to give you a referral. One question I have for you is, is this a new PCP for you? Or have you been seeing her for a while? If you have been seeing her for a while (which from your prev post it seems you have been with her a bit) then it sounds like she may be supportive. I would go in there and do as above suggested, ask her opinion. If she seems favorable, explain to her how much research you have done, give her all the details you have found out and let her know that you are to the point where you think this is your last choice. Be honest with her and explain to her your committment. Ask her..."Did you know that only 3% of people over 100lbs over weight ever lose back down to a healthy size without surgical help" Thats a piece of info that was given to me when I went to a seminar about WLS. If you haven't been to one, I would suggest going, in many places its recommended and very helpful in answering questions. It seems like you have fought several different diets and weight loss attempts only to fall short and if all that is documented with your PCP that is just more ammunition to give to her if she seems hesitant. Again, be honest, show your fears to her, open yourself up to her and she will see the concern and will hopefully do all she can to help you out. And if all else fails, do what my partner did...she went to one doctor and he tried to have her do all these things before hand...my doc at the same place gave me a direct referral...so that very day she called and made an appt with my doc to get a second opinion and was given the go ahead with a referral. I hope this helps. Take care and God bless!
Lexa321
on 4/13/04 8:28 am - weston, FL
hope all goes well... take care xoxox
Kathy S.
on 4/13/04 11:05 am - Port Orange, FL
Sabrina.... I agree, you really should go to an info meeting (if you haven't already). Please keep us posted and good luck to you! Kathy~
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views