Moving to Jacksonville - Need Support Group Information

jjpfenni
on 4/12/04 7:19 am - South Bend, IN
I am moving to Jacksonville from South Bend, Indiana and have not decided what doctor I will be seeing once I'm there, it will ultimately depend on the insurance company. I was wondering if any of the doctors or hospitals in the area have support groups open to the public. I had surgery Oct. 11 2002 and I'm still needing the support groups, plus I thought it would be a good way to get to know people, and help decide what doctors to look into. Thank you for all your help Jessica Pfenning
Lexa321
on 4/12/04 8:54 am - weston, FL
welcoem to florida... and congrulations on your weight loss... i have a dr who does have support groups... but hes all the way down south
Susan F.
on 4/12/04 9:37 am - Jacksonville, FL
Welcome to Jax! I am newly post op but unsure of any support groups besides the friends that I have met here online. My Doc has f/u care but no support groups that I am aware of. If I hear of anything, I will let you know. I am one of those 'I open up to anyone' kind of people so if when you get here (or before), you want to chat, please feel free to send me a mail or something. All my info is on my profile page. Have a safe trip! (btw, I was born in south bend, but only stayed there for two weeks out of my young life hehe...I look forward to hearing all about it)
charlietuna54
on 4/12/04 6:29 pm - St. Augustine, FL
Jessica, Congratulations on your move to Florida, and more specifically Jacksonville. You are going to love our town. There is a monthly support group meeting in Jacksonville that is open to the public. Our next meeting is this coming Sunday, April 18th at 2:00 at the Embassy Suites Hotel on Baymeadows Road. This 1st hour is for pre-ops and those wanting to know more about surgery and the 2nd hour is for post-op support....Hope this helps...
Susan F.
on 4/12/04 10:23 pm - Jacksonville, FL
Hey thanks for that info, I didn't know about that support group and had been searching! Is it a set date each month? Is there some place I can go to get the info? I would like to go, I am 7 days post op. Thanks again! -susan
bonzijac
on 4/13/04 9:31 am - Jacksonville, FL
Hi Jessica, I belong to two support groups in Jacksonville. The 1st group is ran by a patient of Dr. Overcash, her name is Christeena. I have copied the email sent to me at the beginning of the year with the group info. Feel free to email her for more info. Everyone in the group is on a mass group email system for support as well. The 2nd group is having their 1st meeting on May 3rd at 7pm. This group has been formed by my physician Dr. Jawad. Point of contact is Clara Painter. You can contact her for more info at 854-9621. This meeting will be held at The All souls Episcopal Chruch, 4220 Hood Rd in Mandarin. Hope this helps. Jacque RNY 1/7/04 250/195/? Jacksonville Area Weight loss Surgery Support Group For Patients of Dr. Overcash Our group is open to anyone needing support and education regardless of type of surgery or surgeon. We promote education to enhance the success achieved in the weight loss journey. We also promote peer support to be there for each other to share in the joy of milestones achieved as well as helping each other work through problematic issues pre surgery and after surgery. Below is a calendar of meetings for the first six months of 2004 Saturday Meetings Meeting Place: Orange Park Business Center 2nd Floor Lobby Conference Room 1857 Wells Rd. Orange Park, FL Meeting Time: 10:00-12:00noon January 10, 2004 February 14, 2004 March 13, 2004 April 10, 2004 May 8, 2004 June 12, 2004 Monday Meetings Meeting Place: Orange Park Business Center 2nd Floor Lobby Conference Room 1857 Wells Rd. Orange Park, FL Meeting Time: 7:00-9:00 January 26, 2004 February 23, 2004 March 22, 2004 April 26, 2004 May 24, 2004 June 28, 2004 To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/overcash_jacksonville_group/ ...........................
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views