pre-op depression?

Lexa321
on 4/11/04 11:41 am - weston, FL
hay yall... im sorry for anskin ANOTHER question.... did anyone of yall experience pre-op depression?
heatheraltema
on 4/11/04 12:45 pm - altamonte springs, FL
I did... well I have had post op depression as well.... but it is all worth it. Just remember that it is a life style change heather
(deactivated member)
on 4/12/04 5:10 am - Tampa, FL
Alexa, I have never had any history of depression. But while waiting on insurance approval, I had a couple of big bouts of depression. One night my wife and I were at a dance, and we had to leave, I felt so depressed, I could have killed my self right there. That was the worst, but I did have a couple of other small episodes. I think it has to do with making the decision to finally do what you have to do to save your life, after so many years of failing. Then after you make the decision, they make you jump through hoops the entire way. After you have jumped through all of the hoops, then they turn everything over to insurance, and you just want to give up. Here you have worked and done everything they asked, and now no matter what, someone who doesn't even know you can stop what you have been working so hard on. I hope you can work through this depression, either by yourself or with a professional, good luck and I hope you make it.
Kathy S.
on 4/12/04 12:09 pm - Port Orange, FL
Alexa, I think what is depressing me the most at this point is all the dr appts... starting this past March 22nd through May 18th, I have 25+ dr appts, lab work, classes, and tests.... all scheduled on different days and times. I found out today I need an endoscopy, and I almost cried because they couldn't put it on a day I have another appt scheduled. I am missing WAY TOO MUCH WORK! By the time I have my surgery, I won't have any time saved up to take time off. I almost got mad at the dr office today from the frustration, but I ended up depressed about the whole thing instead. The other thing that gets me really depressed is the fact that I have a 4 year old daughter and I have bad luck any time I gamble, and this is a GAMBLE! So... I just look at her and I cry and I think "what have I gotten myself into?" We'll see... You are not alone and I think the depression is probably normal, if you can call depression normal. At least I think it's a normal reaction... this is a dangerous thing we are doing and we have decided to do this to ourselves. But with the program we have in Daytona, there is a psychiatrist/therapist at our disposal, so I know if it gets too bad, I can call her, but she also has a say-so if I get the surgery or not. Good luck to you, and remember, you have lots of support and you are not alone in this feeling. Kathy~
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views