HELP! Need advice!

Wildcat Lady
on 4/5/04 2:02 am - Jacksonville, FL
Ok, I need to know who is a WLS friendly PCP. I went to my new PCP today and he told me to try the Cabbage Soup Diet. I about fell over! I'm on the west side of Jacksonville. Any help would be appreciated! Kim
ErikaL
on 4/5/04 2:29 am - JAX, FL
Kim, I live on the westside of Jax. My PCP is Dr. Corpus at Normandy Family Practice Center. He suggested WLS to me! Erika
Micmomof3
on 4/5/04 3:14 am - Jacksonville, fl
Hello there Kim........... Do you know if your PCP takes medicaid? Also, what is the phone number to that office. Thankyou Michelle
Micmomof3
on 4/5/04 3:09 am - Jacksonville, fl
Wow we are in the same boat. I was on here earlier searching profiles in Jacksonville and emailing people to ask the same question. I am also looking in Jacksonville........Any side of town. Good Luck and let me know if you find anything. Michelle.
ErikaL
on 4/5/04 3:28 am - JAX, FL
Michelle, Dr. Corpus at Normandy Family Practice Center: 786-1525...always ask to see Dr. Corpus, not one of the physician's assistants. They take Medicaid and Medipass. He won't suggest WLS unless you have tried everything else. Good Luck! Erika
ErikaL
on 4/5/04 3:21 am - JAX, FL
Dr. Corpus said, since I have tried everything else, if I would go to any weight loss center (I chose Weigh****chers) for 2 months and bring him the documentation that he would submit the information to Medipass and find me a bariatric surgeon. Good Luck! Erika
Wildcat Lady
on 4/5/04 2:02 pm - Jacksonville, FL
WOW, I'm shocked, because that's my new Dr. LOL He actually watned me to try the cabbage soup diet! Well if you say that he will, then I will trust you. I have finally decided on a surgeon, Dr. Overcash. I went to his seminar tonight, which was great! I have my first appointment with him April 12.
ErikaL
on 4/5/04 2:25 pm - JAX, FL
Kim, He suggested the same diet to me last year! It was all I could do not to laugh out loud!! Just hang in there with him and tell him your trying everything he suggests. He didn't seem helpful at first, but he surprised me at my last appointment by suggesting WLS to me!!! He will ask for some proof that you tried a weight loss center for at least 2 months. I am doing that right now. If he feels like WLS is your only option he will give you a referral and help with approval. Good Luck! Erika L.
joyfuljoy2000
on 4/7/04 3:48 am - FL
Dear Erika, I understand that this is your PCP...can you change providers...if you have tried other WL programs before...then why do you have to prove to him(for 2 months) that you have been on weigh****chers???? Does he not trust your judgment? I know before I went to my doctor, I tried...countless weightloss programs...weigh****chers, "cabbage soup" ewwwwwww diet...slim fast, the gym, jenny craig...too no avail...(some I lost weight -then it came back) all I had to do was tell my doctor the countless things I had tried...Well I will pray for you to get approved....I think the quicker the better, with all the insurance companies fighting so hard now.....I will send prayers your way and hope that you get all the answers and assistance that you need...If you would like to email me ...feel free...Thanks and again and good luck ...joyfuljoy2000hotmail.com
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views