Insurance approval

Molly C.
on 3/30/04 11:55 am - GA
Can anyone give me any input on insurance approval by BC BS of FL. I have a PPO plan. I have called to get a list of the requirements, and have all of them, from the 6 consecutive months of a weight loss program to the psych eval...Once my surgeon sends this information to BC BS for approval what is the usual time span? I am praying for approval. I meet their requirements for the surgery, yet I feel such anxiety...Please if any of you have any experience with BC BS of FL please respond... Thank you. Molly
nannasjoys
on 3/30/04 10:37 pm - St. Augustine, FL
I just got approved Monday from South Care. But it was not easy. It takes time and patience. I started my process September 03. Was denied once, did an appeal, and alot of paperwork, but finally it worked. Good luck and keep in touch. Tina
carrie B.
on 3/31/04 1:43 am - pine bluff, AR
I have bc/bs of fl ppo and was approved in 3 days....they mainly require the 6 months of supervised diet and a bmi over 40....they gave me no problems....I had 28 pages of paperwork....called to make sure they received it....they called a few days later....they told me when I first called it could take up too 3 weeks....but I thank god and the angels above...it only took three days....Good Luck
nancy P.
on 3/31/04 3:12 am - cape coral, FL
Molly, I also have BCBS FL. had all paperwork that was required,was approved in 2days. No surgery date yet had to switch Dr's after I got approval to out of network which was ok'd by phone call to BCBS, had first appointment with new Dr. last week now waiting for his pre-op class then surgery to go I wish you all the luck started my journey 12/02 Nancy
Lebron95
on 4/2/04 7:34 am - Hollywood, FL
Hi Molly, I have the BCBS of FL HMO Plan. My paperwork was submitted 3/2/04 and I'm already over a week post-op. You shouldn't have any problems if you have everything in order. Good Luck! Janel
Molly C.
on 4/4/04 8:36 am - GA
Thank you Tina, Carrie, Nancy & Janel for your answers to my question about BC BS of FL. Your answers took away some of the anxiety I was having. All my paper work is complete and hopefully my surgeon will submit it to BC BS of FL this week. Hopefully I will soon have a surgery date. I did get concerned today when I read, someone with BC BS Health Options was precerted and then after the surgery BC BS wouldn't cover the expense. How can this be legal? Something needs to be done to prevent these insurance companies from playing God...We pay these huge premiums and are still at their mercy. Just venting here. I pray there will be no problems for anyone from here on out. Thank you once again. Molly [email protected]
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views