Pt. Charlotte/englewood area

lisa C.
on 1/7/10 9:33 pm - TX
Just moved here had RNY 2yrs 3months ago and am needing a dr to follow up with if anyone is from this area mabe you know a GOOD dr.....Please any help would be GREAT!
Thanks 

LISA C.  

Guernica Loser
on 1/19/10 2:46 pm
I just had my lap band surgery from Dr. Thomas Bass.  He works on this coast and the other coast.  I think he still has an office in Cape Coral.  He and his wife, tiffany, are great.  I don't have the number handy, but if you just google his name you will get him.  Good luck!  Tell them Christine sent you :)
I've been on prednisone and chemo for over 7.5 years.  Gained over 160 pounds due to pred. Highest wt. 410. Surgery wt. 365. Current wt. 299
See ya,400s, 90s,80s,70s, 60s, 50s, 40s, 30s, 20s, 10s 300s!!!!  

ashley tarter
on 1/24/10 3:28 pm
I just moved here in June from KY I thought it would be easier to find a surgeon but  I have been wrong so far. I need one that will accept medicare and florida medicaid.
I have been doing paper work for palms of pasadena but their fees are extremely high and I am on SSI so how could I make those payments? They require a thousand dollars upfront for support group fees and things of that nature and 25 dollars for the seminar? what kind of mess is that?

Does anyone know a surgeon that accepts both medicare and medicaid? that isnt at the top of FL. I am in Port Charlotte.
Guernica Loser
on 1/24/10 5:14 pm
Hi Sidd,
I know Dr. Bass takes Medicare, but I don't know about Medicaid.  I am on disability, so my funds are limited as well.  They do require a $750 fee before surgery.  I saved up for it.  He does rny and lapband (medicare won't pay for sleeve).  As a medicare patient you will have to have surgery in Hollywood, Fl at regional memorial hospital and you will stay the night.  I LOVED IT THERE!  It's the best hospital I have been to in FL or chicago (my home state).  I haven't received a bill yet, so I can't tell you what the fee on my part will be.

I can tell you that dr. bass is very good and I love his nurse/wife, Tiffany.  The rest of the staff is great, too.  They have offices in bonita springs, cape coral and I think North Ft. Myers now.  I don't have their number right now, but look up west coast bariatrics or Dr. Thomas Bass. 

I would call and see how they can work with you.  Tell them Christine from Naples referred you and maybe you can get a deal?????  I don't have medicaid, so I don't know that end of it.

I hope it all works out.  Write me more if you want more info
I've been on prednisone and chemo for over 7.5 years.  Gained over 160 pounds due to pred. Highest wt. 410. Surgery wt. 365. Current wt. 299

Guernica Loser
on 1/24/10 5:16 pm
one more thing.  I know the other coast has many more bariatric surgeons.  Dr. Bass is really one of the first on this coast. It's crazy isn't it?  I am so thankful he came over here as well because his home base is really Hollywood, Fl. 

ashley tarter
on 1/25/10 12:15 am
Thank you!!!!!
kakora
on 6/28/10 5:24 am - FL
 I live near Engwd and I am planning on having VSG with Dr. Moses Shieh at Lee Memorial in Ft Myers.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views