Insurance & Dr Info Needed

Dyann
on 3/22/04 7:49 am - Grapevine, TX
I have BC/BS and I really need a good doctor toward the New Tampa area, but I will go whereever I need to. I have 7 children still at home and the easier I can make it on my husband while I am in the hospital, the better it will be. I am getting all my medical records together and if anyone can let me know what I need to have on hand in case I am denied, or even to help the approval process go smoothly, PLEASE let me know. Thanks so much!!
Lexa321
on 3/22/04 7:58 am - weston, FL
i hope all goes will... im in south florida near ft.lauderdale... if you need anythign on this end let me know..xoxoxo
Linda F.
on 3/22/04 9:18 am - Palm Harbor, FL
Call your insurance co. and ask them what their requirements are for surgery. Then see if they can recommend a dr. in your area.
Luvitsunny
on 3/22/04 10:12 am - Sunny South, FL
I would suggest to document every diet you have every been on - any diet medications you have taken and EVERY doctor you have seen over a period of time. Unfortunately, BCBS is leading this ban on WLS surgery in Florida so you may have to work even harder for approval. If you find the right surgical group they know the proper wording on denials. My prayers are with you. My surgery group handled everything. I had my surgery at US Bariatric -- they have offices in Orlando, Fort Lauderdale and Miami.....not Tampa, ....yet.
sherri parker
on 3/22/04 12:35 pm - port richey, FL
Dr.Barry Haicken (727)586-3751 is an awesome surgeon. He has good results. He is in Clearwater. For a PCP Dr. Robert Dean (727)787-4383. He is off of Tampa Road in Palm Harbor & the westchase area.
anne D.
on 3/22/04 9:54 pm - sunrise, FL
Dear Scarlett There are a few people in your area who have gone to my Doctor.... He is here in So. florida Dr. Tomasello..... Plantation area I have BCBS , and I just got approved after 4 months..... any more info you can reach me at [email protected] regards annie
sandra A.
on 3/27/04 2:39 am - myakka city, FL
Hi Scarlett, If you haven't picked a surgeon, why don't you call Dr Murr's office. Someone on his staff may know of a doctor near you. Dr Murr works out of Tampa General. I wouldn't go to the hospitol that's near you. I think it's called Community General. I've been there once and I didn't think it was very clean. Besides which, they're the ones that cut off the wrong foot of a patient. I used to live in Cross Creek. I hope this helps. Sandy
Dyann
on 3/31/04 5:31 am - Grapevine, TX
I can't find a working number for Dr. Murr. Do you have one? Thanks!
lisac
on 4/1/04 12:00 pm
Dr. Case is in Palm Harbor, Fl. He is wonderful, has great results, accepts insurance and doesn't have too long of a wait. His number is 727-773-2273. Good luck on your journey.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views