Having Trouble Eating

Merita S.
on 3/21/04 8:09 am - Live Oak, FL
I am new to the message board. I have been reading the board for a long time. I had my surgery 2/23/04. I did fine my first 2 weeks on my full liquid diet. When I went to have my staples removed I had lost 15.6 lbs. They moved my diet up to 1/4 cup of dried peas or beans or 1/4 cup potatoes or peanut butter and low fat ritz. Eggs and grits do not work for me, really no breakfast works for me. I called the Doc. Office and they told me I could go back to my full liquid diet if I needed to. I don't want to regress I want to move forward, but my system just seems to have a problem with the new foods that I am allowed to have. I have tried changing them around and still I can not seem to eat the whole 1/4 cup. Has anyone else had this kind of trouble, and if so what was YOUR remedy?
heatheraltema
on 3/21/04 9:18 am - altamonte springs, FL
WOW that s a odd start to eating... try protien.. I had my surgery 2/25 I can tolerate tuna salad no pickles.and the pinto beans at taco bell tell them to not but the red sauce on them. Do not try to eat the whole 1/4 cup at a time eat slow and take about 30 minutes to do it. good luck
guiagal
on 3/22/04 2:24 am - Lake City, FL
I had my surgery on the 2nd of March. I was also put on the same diet that you are on. I am having problems with the length of time between the meals so I went somewhat back on the full liq. diet. I feel like I am getting so hungry that I am sick. (strange, thought I was not going to feel hungry) anyway, I started eating something every 3 hrs. When you say that you are having a problem do you mean that you can not swallow the food or it is not setting? It does not hurt to go back to full liquids for a week than start again. That seemed to help me, Good luck and let me know how it works. Kathy
Luvitsunny
on 3/22/04 10:20 am - Sunny South, FL
I'm three months out and still have a liquid meal several times a week and I don't feel like I'm regressing when I do. I probably didn't get too many solids in on a daily basis until two months post op. However, you still need to discuss this with your surgeon and/or nutritionist and follow there advice.
(deactivated member)
on 3/27/04 8:57 am
I had surgery 8 months ago and still have protien drinks for meals at times. I also still get sick and often cannot eat 1/4 of beans or a 1/4 of anything. I've lost 130 pounds so far (I went from 278 to 148) and really feel great so the fact that food doesn't always agree with me is just a non issue. Just be sure to get those vitamins and protien in and it will be okay.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views