Starting my journey

Julia B.
on 3/17/04 7:48 am - Orange Park, FL
My name is Julie and I am just starting this journey of Gastric Bypass. I have met with my doctor and have a second appointment in April. He wants me to lose about 20-25 pounds. I am trying but it is difficult. I hope to hear from you all. I like to hear everyones success stories and hope one day you will hear mine.
SimplyRedHead
on 3/17/04 4:17 pm - Longwood, FL
Julie, Welcome to the group. I am also on my journey, just a few more tests to have done then the surgeon will submit my paperwork. I learn so much on here, everyone is very supportive and helpful. Ask any questions you may have and keep us posted on your progress. Amy
heatheraltema
on 3/18/04 8:50 am - altamonte springs, FL
best of luck to you. this was the best thing I did for myself. if you have questions post them we will be glad to help.
Lexa321
on 3/18/04 10:11 am - weston, FL
welcome abord
Kathy S.
on 3/21/04 5:40 am - Port Orange, FL
Hi Julie.. it is difficult! My insurance (HMO) has those of us wanting the surgery go through an intensive 16 week program of diet and exercise that is monitored at least once a week. You definitely lose weight this way, but I only lost 26 lbs total. I did however start working out again 4-5 days a week at the gym because I have this nagging fear of blood clots (I MUST have OCD or something!) Anyway, the more you read on here the more you will learn and you will find tons of support! We are all in this together, so we are here to help each other get through it. I wish you luck and keep your chin up... from what I hear, it's not really so bad at all, and of course it is normal to worry. My surgery is in June, so I hope to be in the best shape I can be at the time, because knowing me... I will probably be the worst patient they have...LOL... I get nauseous very easily... they are gonna LOVE me... haha! Anywho... keep us posted ... we love to hear from everyone also! Kathy in Daytona~
Dawn S.
on 3/21/04 7:34 am - Milton, FL
Hi Julie, my name is Dawn, I've just started my journey also. Although I haven't went for my first Dr's appointment yet. He has sent me to have my psycho eval. and also see a dietitian. I'm very excited about the surgery and know how you feel. I wish you all the best. I know you will do just fine. The main thing that I've found out about any surgery is that you have to be comfortable and confident in your surgeon. If your not then you will have a rough time with any surgery. Keep us all posted on your progress, we like to hear sucess stories also.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views