Finding a place to stay for 2 weeks after surgery

Robin B.
on 3/16/04 1:39 pm - Fort Walton Beach, Fl
I live in Freeport, Florida, which is about 600 miles away from the Cleveland Clinic Hospital. Dr. Szomstein said I need to stay there in Weston or near by for two weeks after surgery and I have checked all the prices of the hotels... ouch is all I have to say on that. I am a single mom and can't afford the crazy prices of a two week stay in a hotel. If anyone knows of anything kind of a solution please let me know. Thanks ~ Robin
BullDog Lady
on 3/16/04 7:49 pm - Somewhere GREAT!
Hi Robin... When you checked out there prices....Did you think of going on Travelocity, expedia or Hotwire. Or maybe even Priceline to get some lower rates. I dont know how much lower it may or may not be but atleast it is worth a try. Hope it all works out right for you! Becky
GeorgineVJ
on 3/16/04 9:23 pm - Caribou, ME
You could also try meeting some local folks in Weston maybe as part of a support network and see if someone might help you out with a place to stay. I have had good luck with the Amerisuites in Weston - I have booked there as low as $35 a night on hotwire.com. When I did my search, I knew what amenities the hotel had and it was the only hotel that showed up for Weston (though the website listed some in Plantation, Davie, etc.). Good Luck!
sherri parker
on 3/16/04 11:00 pm - port richey, FL
Why don't you check into a rental by the week? Rent like a trailer that is rented by the week and do that for 2 weeks. Check out Camp grounds see if they have travel trailers for rent. You can also rent an RV and park it at a campground. They would be cheaper then a Hotel Room. Best of Luck....
Micmomof3
on 3/16/04 11:06 pm - Jacksonville, fl
Robin, Hello there. I am also am going to be going to Cleveland Clinic for my surgery. I hope to see Dr. Rosenthal. Anyhow, like you I am also a mother of 3 and DONT have the money to stay there 3 days in a hotel let alone 2wks. Plus, that would mean I would have to bring my children w/ me. That would not work. Maybe you can get away with going home and going back for your check up. They have to know everyone CANNOT afford that. I know I can't and most likely WILL NOT stay there after the surgery. Thats just impossible for me. Good Luck with whatever you decide though and good luck with finding super low prices. Also, I noticed your on medicaid as well................Do you have a share of cost? If so, what exactly have you paid out-of-pocket at Cleveland Clinic? Thanx, Michelle.
heatheraltema
on 3/17/04 6:53 am - altamonte springs, FL
just a thought.... call the dostors office and see if they could hook you up with a few patients that are having surger the same day and see if you could be roomies.
sharein_angel
on 3/18/04 8:56 pm - Palm Harbor, FL
Have you called the YWCA? OR call social services in that area. They might have list of places you can rent really cheap by the week. It's for people just starting a new job and need a place to stay till they get back on their feet. They may consider your situation.
christy S.
on 3/21/04 3:00 pm - pace, fl
hey i understand as well i am having to rive 10hrs to my dr and will have to stay in hospital for 5days and then when i get out i have to stay there another 5days because they want you closeand be able to get to the hospital within 90mins. in cause any thing happens...... i can't afford it either but i am going to luckinto trying to find a ronald madonald houe to see if they can help by chance well good luck with your search
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views