Finally have a date and I'm scared

Patsy B.
on 3/15/04 4:23 pm - Oldsmar, FL
well, I finally have a date, the 25th of March. Don't know why but all of a sudden I'm scared. Is this normal? I know that I want this surgery, that I need this surgery and have been waiting with anticipation for several months. I'm scared of dying and scared I won't be sucessful, please let me know if you felt this way when you knew it was going to happen. I'm more scared of not having this surgery, because I have so many things physically wrong with me, that I know that one day I will die from one one of them. need to know that these feelings are normal, Pat B.
SimplyRedHead
on 3/15/04 7:14 pm - Longwood, FL
Pat, Hang in there. What you are feeling is a normal reaction. I don't think anyone goes into any surgery without some sense of fear. As you stated, you need the surgery due to your physical problems, so try to focus on the relief it will bring you on the other side of surgery. You wouldn't have started the process if you didn't know this was the right thing to do. Take care, Amy pre-op
heatheraltema
on 3/15/04 9:27 pm - altamonte springs, FL
THIS IS VERY NORMAL....... calm down and take a deep breath. it will be ok. we all have felt this way. but i am so glad that i did it. I would do it all over again any day. best wished where is your surgery and who is doing it?
cindy E.
on 3/16/04 9:57 am - hudson, FL
Dear Patsy, Congrats on your date. I was just approved and my surgery is May 4th. I'm going through the Wish Center in Tampa. If I hadn't had other complications I would of gone with Dr. Dy too. I'm from Hudson. I think being scared is the brain telling us there are some risks involved. But, you and I know the greater risk is NOT doing it. Maybe you and I can keep in touch on our progress. We are having a new adventure in life. I have been scared of how I'll react at giving up so many foods that I like. Will I adjust to the new lifestyle? Before, I have failed will I again this time? Life is risks. We know what being morbidly obese does. It is not fun. It rules so much of our lives. We can do it girl. We'll say a little prayer for both of us. Cindy
Peachie R.
on 3/17/04 3:54 am - somewherein, FL
Patsy, I had my sugery last Thurs. on the 11th, Lap RNY, I had no complications at all and only had to ask for one shot of pain medicine as I had a charlie horse on my left side that went all the way up to my shoulder but the pain medicine didnt help it but it went a way after a while. Nothing to be scared of, you will do great, just make sure you do get up and walk when they first tell you, it does help. I have been home since Sunday and still no complications or pain meds, getting all this liquid in is the hardest I have faced so far. Good luck to you! You will do great! Peachie
Smellycat
on 3/19/04 4:00 am - New Port Richey, Fl
I'm nervous too.....my surgery is scheuled for this coming Monday, the 22nd. I'm trying to stay focused on why I am doing this and the benefits of having my health back. I think it's very normal to be nervous, but staying positive will help. Keep thinking of all the great things and new you AFTER all of this is behind you. I wish you the best and please keep us posted on your progress. Warm Regards and prayers with you and your surgeon, Carol
Luvitsunny
on 3/22/04 10:39 am - Sunny South, FL
I have had two elective surgeries, the last being lap RNY 12/15/03. I was scared prior to both of them -- it's normal, especially because you are making the decision to have surgery and not the doctor telling you it is an emergency and you HAVE to have surgery. But what you said is true, the alternative, you know, is declining health and all the problems that obesity brings with it. My prayers will be with you on the 25th.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views