Dr. Ben-David in Gainesville

beckylh88
on 12/29/09 12:40 pm - Waller, TX
Is anyone seeing Dr. Ben-David or anyone else in his clinic??

I am just looking to see who else has the same doctor and where they are in their journey.
(I am also a detail hound - I love to know every tiny detail of the procedure/process)

Becky    
HW: 278     GW:  165     

Nora73
on 12/29/09 1:26 pm - Pensacola, FL
 I just met him on 12/17 he is very upfront... He also has his student doctor do a simple exam on you he just does the talking... He will answer all your questions at the consult. I was told he was booked for surgery until April so that is the soonest I could hope for...

Amelia is the bomb there! She is my favorite person in the world, she gets stuff done!

HW 372  SW 316 CW 190 7/21/11

beckylh88
on 12/30/09 1:05 am - Waller, TX
Yes, your right about the first appt.
I am already scheduled for Jan 25th and I was given my date back in Nov. - so I can easily see how they are in April already since they only do surgery on Mondays. 
I was kind of taken back by how up front his is - I had to process it before I realized that I really liked him.  LOL  I am so used to a doctor being so beat-around-the-bush, but def. not him.

I love Amelia - she is totally awesome!!!!   I told her that I don't know how much she makes, but it is not enough!!!  She is the bomb!!!

Good luck to you during your journey - it has been quite painless with them for us, well, So FAR!!
Becky    
HW: 278     GW:  165     

JR3072
on 12/30/09 2:13 am - FL

I had my RNY surgery with Dr. Ben-David on 12/7/09.  I love him and his crew of Fellows and Residents.  I have had a very good recovery and am feeling pretty good.  I haven't had any issues with food so far either. I saw him on 12/24 for my 2 week follow-up and he says I am doing great!  

I would highly reccommend him and the clinic.  It has been a great experience for me!  Am happy to answer any questions... 

Jenn

Nora73
on 12/31/09 1:05 pm - Pensacola, FL
Thats wonderful Jenn!  

I like to know my six hour drive to him and the extra $$ for hotels  is worth it...

We will be staying in a hotel for a few days after surgery to make sure I'm ok

then back home... I hope I get bumped up before April !
HW 372  SW 316 CW 190 7/21/11

redheadnfla
on 1/13/10 5:09 am
I am seeing Dr Ben-David. My surgery is scheduled for March 8th and I am soooo nervous. I was inquiring about the band and he is indicating that the bypass would be my best alternative. He made me feel really at ease and was extremely honest and straighforward. I am also a detail hound and want to know everything about everything.. How are you coming so far ?
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views