Calling all African American Pre and Post Op Patients....

Valerie Renee
on 3/13/04 6:20 am - New York, NY
I am Valerie and I am writing a book about WLS as it relates to the Black perspective. I am seeking persons interested in having their before and after pictures (or just before or just after) featured in my book. The book will be a wonderful tool for educating others about this surgery. Some of the topics discussed include: Barriers to Surgery, Co morbidities Prevalent in the Black Community and also has a cookbook section which converts recipes for some soul food favorites into something post-ops and those seeking to eat healthier can eat. Thank you in advance for your consideration of my project. VAL
Danielle L.
on 3/14/04 2:18 am - Miami, Fl
hi Val, I haven't had my suregery yet I am now in the waiting stages. I would love to lend my knowledge on wls and my pictures also, slthough I do not have any after pictures yet. Let me know when I can be of use. I will keep you updated on my progress. I should have my surgery date by the end of this month. Good luck with your book. Danielle Leandre
Valerie Renee
on 3/14/04 3:07 am - New York, NY
Thanks Danielle... I am actually having my surgery on March 25th... I have been doing research for almost two years about WLS. I am excited to tell the preop and the post op story ! When you have your post po pics... send them to me at [email protected] VAL
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views