Anyone out there had Dr. Lieberman in Naples?!

gabbyzgr8
on 3/13/04 2:52 am - Naples, FL
I am having Dr. Lieberman do a Lap-RNY on Monday March 22nd. I don't see Cleveland Clinic in Naples as a hospital on this site. I also haven't seen or heard from any other patients of his. I just want to know if anyone knows how experienced he is with this procedure, and I'd like to hear what your experience with him and Cleveland Clinic in Naples was. Thank YOu!!!!!!!!
Kathy S.
on 3/13/04 4:52 am - Port Orange, FL
Hi Gabriella... I'm surprised you haven't had a meet and greet with the surgery team yet. With my insurance and here in Daytona, we have a team we work with, the surgeon, the attending physician, the dietician, the psychologist, the physiologist, the pastor, and the insurance person (whew!! that's alot of people). They require you go to the info session with them prior to signing up for the surgery, and you have to complete a 16 week program. At the info session, you have opportunity to ask many questions, and the first question out of my hubby's mouth?? How many of these surgeries have you done?... LOL.. the second of course... when can we be intimate again (he had the room laughing.. what a dork!).. anywho... my surgeon's answer at the time was that he's only done 5 of these, HOWEVER... Dr. Black is a trauma surgeon and has done 1000s of similar procedures for cancer patients where he's had to actually remove the stomach. So, if I were to give any advice to you it would be to get to know your team.. sometimes numbers don't mean much until you know the reasons. I trust Dr. Black with this surgery even though he's only done 8 of them thus far. Like I said, he has similar experience and I feel safe knowing I have a trauma surgeon operating on me. Good luck to you, and sorry for the ramble, but just thought I would compare notes with ya!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views