Questions for post ops

Smellycat
on 3/10/04 7:32 am - New Port Richey, Fl
Hi friends, 2 questions for ya. My friends pc's not up and running and she asked me to get some info. 1.) How long after surgery before she can swim? 2.) How long after (if ever) can she eat hot and spicy food? Thanks All
Beebe S.
on 3/10/04 7:43 am - PENSACOLA, FL
Hello: For question one, my doctor recommends waiting at least 6-8 weeks before swimming. The same time frame for any strenuous activities to prevent hernia. He says as long as you are healed in the wound area that you can get in the water. Just don't pu**** For question two, I am not sure. I have not reached that point yet, I am only 3 weeks post op.
melindainfla
on 3/10/04 8:42 am - pinellas county, fl
hello, the swimming...all sites must be healed...to avoid infections the spicy foods...maybe never they really hurt the pouch melinda
Bieniasz
on 3/10/04 9:28 am - Tampa, FL
Swimming- I was told it was ok at 3 weeks post op. Spicy foods....LOVE THEM....no problems for me...started at about 4-6 weeks post op. Lori 222/191.5/122? laprny 1-6-04
Stephanie L.
on 3/10/04 9:54 pm - Orlando, FL
I was able to swim as soon as my wouds were healed up, about 5 weeks and as far as hot and spicy food, it depends on what she can tolerate, I am able to eat it every now and then but I have to be careful, I don't want to cause ulcers in my pouch. You can't eat it everyday, but ever so often is fine! Stephanie
Smellycat
on 3/11/04 6:11 am - New Port Richey, Fl
Thanks guys..........I know she'll be happy to hear she may not have to give up her Hooters chicken wings extra spicy. Lori.....I cant believe you are over 2 months post op already......it seems like only 2 weeks ago you had surgery! Time flies.....glad you're doing so well.
Lisa C.
on 3/11/04 7:20 am - Pace, FL
Ask your doc on the swimming, mine said 6 - 8 weeks. As for spicy food, well no one said I couldn't have it , so I did! I started with hot and sour soup at about 3 weeks. I eat szechwan and mexican food with no trouble. I do still stick with softer foods though.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views