PLEASE help!!! How much experience does Dr. Sooriash of Jax have. . .

Linda W.
on 3/10/04 2:00 am - Jacksonville, FL
with the open RNY surgery. I was told though he is an excellent surgeon in his field, he hasn't done that many open RNYs. I'm scheduled for surgery in about a month and certain doubts have been placed in my mind. If you want to email me directly please do so. My email is [email protected]. I have emailed some of his patients but have only received two responses. This is my life I'm putting in his hands and I want to make sure I don't end up with serious complications because of my choices. Thank you so much WL family!
gabbyzgr8
on 3/10/04 10:42 am - Naples, FL
Hi, You sound almost as scared as I have been. I am having WLS in Naples at the Cleveland Clinic with Dr. Lieberman. He is head of Surgery there and has done hundreds of RNY both Lap & Open. Can't you have it done Lap? I would find someone who has done many of them. I chated online with a great surgeon from Ohio, and he said never get a surgery from someone who has done less than 50 of the type of surgery you need. Plus, It is so life changing...I'd be so certain. Sounds corny, I know, but why don't you pray about it and ask the Lord if having the surgery with this doctor is the right choice? I promise, he'll let you know. He loves you and knows your fears and your struggles. He will help you any time you ask Him. God Bless You in your endeavors! Gabriella
Stephanie L.
on 3/10/04 9:49 pm - Orlando, FL
I don't want to scare you any more than you are already but you have doubts for a reason. Is there any explanations as to why he is doing it open vs lap?? I agree with the other post, you dont want to be a part of the learning curve. There is a Dr in Ocala, Dr Jawad who has done hundres of them and is probably the best at what he does. He is very honest and open about it too. Please feel free to contact me, I would love to talk to you, [email protected] I would NOT go to a surgeon who's patients aren't thrilled enough with their surgery to talk about it to anyone who will listen. What is his complication rate, have you checked the website for complaints and lawsuits. Please just be very sure about him before you let him do your surgery. Stephanie
sandra A.
on 3/11/04 9:05 am - myakka city, FL
Dear Stephanie, I haven't, as yet, had my surgery. What website lists complaints and complications? Thanks a lot. Sandy
Smellycat
on 3/11/04 6:17 am - New Port Richey, Fl
I vote for Dr. Jawad. I'm having surgery with him in 11 days (oh my....reality hits) Anyway......I haven't met him, but really did my homework when choosing a surgeon and he seems to be highly educated and experienced. I've got nothing but excellent feedback from his patients. If you dont mind the trip, I think he's worth it. I'm driving 2 hours for him, and I know several patients of his have come from other states. He's also known for doing 99% of his patients LAP, no matter what their weight. At my 1st office visit, we were told he had just done a 600 plus man LAP. Big decision......only go with a surgeon you feel comfortable with. Good Luck!! Keep me posted! Carol
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views