Anyone??

saved_by_grace
on 3/8/04 1:44 am - Milton, FL
I had my surgery 2-16-04 and most people say that it will shock your system into starting your menstrual cycle but I am the opposite I am a week late. Is this normal? Thankyou, Michelle 244/225
Stephanie L.
on 3/8/04 2:15 am - Orlando, FL
Michelle, Ant type of surgery can knock your system for a loop. I wouldn't bee too concerned right now. Even the smallest amt of stress can make your period late. As long as you are sure that you are not pregnant, they usually do a preg test with your bloodwork for pre-op, I ould just take a deep breath and enjoy the fact that you don't have it right now with the pain you are having. It will come in time, as always. And remember, everyone is different, just because the only posts you see are people that it made start a little early dosen't mean there aren't people out there concerned or even thrilled that it came a few weeks late. If you are really concerned though, just call your Dr and see what they say about it. And, CONGRATS for being on the losing side with us now! You are doing GREAT! Just make sure you are taking your iron as prescribed so that when you do start, you don't end up anemic and LOTS of water! Stephanie 253/156 Lap RNY 8-6-2003
Belinda R.
on 3/8/04 4:53 am - Orlando, Fl
Michelle, I had my surgery in Oct. I haven't had a period yet. No, I am not pregnant. BUT quite the opposite. They said it threw me into post menopause. (I'm old enough though) but what I am saying is, yes, this surgery can mess up your cycle and then some. But it is all worth it. Belinda
Tracy H.
on 3/9/04 4:04 am - Hudson, FL
I wouldnt worry about it. It will be there soon I'm sure. I was due on Feb 23rd same day I had surgery and Yes I started on the 26th talk about a pain. Just don't worry about it. Give yourself a chance to heal from surgery before stressing yourself out about something you really don't miss at all Tracy
Beebe S.
on 3/9/04 2:24 pm - PENSACOLA, FL
Hey, I also was expecting to start mine early. Did not happen though. I was only one day late. Don't worry, it doesn't make everyone start. I had my surgery on Feb 18. Good luck to you!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views