Interested in Meeting Patients who had Surgery per Dr. Rout, Gainesville,Fl.

Beverly R.
on 3/6/04 10:16 pm - Moultrie, Ga
Hello, I had VBG in 87. That surgery failed after an obstruction to the pouch. In 2001 I began to have a lot of Digestive System Problems. I finally was referred to Shands Hospital where I was fortunate to see. Dr. Verne and he referred me to Dr. Rout. I have had a consult with Dr. Rout and am in the planning stages of a Partial Gastrectomy to remove the band which migrated from the original surgical placement. I am interested in meeting patients who had surgery per Dr. Rout. I understand he is an outstanding Surgeon. I know that he has been very thorough in making Referrals to prepare me for the Surgery. PLEASE.... Respond to me if you had Surgery per Dr. Rout or have meet him. Sincerely, Bev R.
Kathy S.
on 3/9/04 7:44 pm - Port Orange, FL
Beverly, I don't know Dr. Rout, but I do know someone who had her surgery at Shands, I will ask her if she knows him. I read your profile and I am glad you mentioned the hospital giving you something you shouldn't have had. I am still pre-op at this time and my fear is... what if something happens, I'm unconcious, and the hospital has no clue about my wls and they hinder more than help with meds and tubes. I know it sounds crazy, but you think of EVERYTHING when considering this... haha. I will let you know if I find someone who knows him (I work with alot of nurses who have worked lots of places, so one of them may know of him also). Good luck to you!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views