BCBS of FL is really starting to bug me about seeing all this

BullDog Lady
on 3/5/04 1:01 am - Somewhere GREAT!
http://www.cnn.com/2004/HEALTH/03/03/gastric.bypass.ap/ This is another site where BCBS has announced there ending there WLS coverage. WHEN WILL THIS STOP????? We must do something!! Becky
Kathy S.
on 3/10/04 5:23 am - Port Orange, FL
Hi Becky... I just read the article... and I can see why you are on fire!! Well, that's good ole Florida for ya. Can't they see they will be paying out more for hospital stays and surgeries for people who have heart attacks and diabetes and other complications due to obesity? Makes me mad to know the insurance companies think they know what is best. Oh well, they will be paying out more in the long run I think. Good luck to you. Kathy~
LYNN S.
on 3/10/04 9:26 am - FL
today i was told as of jan.1,2005 that they would no longer cover any gastric bypass surgerys and i think they said tricare won`t either . i think this is stupid and i think every single insurance company should cover this 100 precent! it would be a lot cheaper for them . anyone thinking of this needs to get started now because after that time they won`t cover it any more. good luck .
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views