HELP! New to Tampa and looking for a PCP

(deactivated member)
on 12/15/09 7:01 pm - FL
I just moved to Tampa a couple months ago and I need to find a new PCP.  It does not matter male or female but I do prefer they know a little about WLS.  Who is your PCP aka Primary Care Phys?  Do you like them and why?
Thanks for any help.
Hugs Kristen
IGDiva
on 12/17/09 4:43 am - Orlando, FL
Hi Kristen,  I wish I could help, I am in Orlando.  Good Luck! 
Michael Eak
on 12/17/09 1:41 pm - Largo, FL
I'm in Pinellas and could recommend a few between St. Pete, Largo, Dunedin & Tarpon Springs But your in Tampa. You may need to just sit and call who evers on your Insurance L9st and ask each office about WLS till you find one.
Also check your list as to the list of Professionals here on OH listed above on the right.

Open RNY 5/10/06 and now
Laparoscopic Realize Banding. 4/21/09
9/1/09 I've rec'd 4 fills and lost 86 lbs. so far.
Check the www.obesitynomorefl.com Website Calender.
cpcampbell
on 12/19/09 11:06 pm
Kristen,

I just moved here as well (2 wks ago) and I'm looking as well.  I have been told to check out Tampa General as they have support group meetings and WLS is performed there so it seems it a good place to start.  For me, worse case scenerio is that I'll go back to my surgeon once a year for check-ups until I find one.  Right now I'm okay but want one here.  Let me know if you find someone - thanks.

Carla

Cpcampbell

Highest Weight = 206 lbs.
Surgery Weight = 185.6 lbs.
Current Weight = 120 lbs.
Goal Weight = 130 lbs. (5'1")

garnet408
on 12/29/09 8:53 pm - Tampa , FL
I love Dr Lisa  Saff Koeche and her staff especially her nurse  practioner  Amanda Campe
I have them as my primary care physician and were very instrumental in helping with my approval for RNY.
They helped me with all different weight loss alternatives for last 5 years and when they failed ..we began the documentation for RNy
...Iove them both  and sometimes see amanda on more visits than dr Koeche  because of availability issue
Their practice also includes weight loss management and were once part of Dr Murrs Tampa General program..until it was taken over by their staff
They both make u feel at ease  .. making sure that all tests and procedures are up to date
They are in Hyde Park Area
Hope this is helpful
on personal note I think u know my friend Nan from New Jersey???
Anna

Anna

(deactivated member)
on 12/29/09 10:10 pm - FL
Thank you Anna this is helpful. Yes I know crazy Nan and I will get to meet you next month in the new year when she comes to visit. I have been meaning to ask Nan how you are doing. Let me know if there is anything I can help with or do.
Hugs Kristen
garnet408
on 12/29/09 11:00 pm - Tampa , FL
Koche is the correct spelling.... she's on armenia ...
Nan has been a close friend for over 30years...she is lots of fun...
cant wait to meet U
I am doing great  almost 3 weeks out...
Anna

Anna

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views