Searching for Bariatric Surgeons that accept BlueCross/Blue Sh.

Robert D.
on 2/26/04 3:42 am - Fort Lauderdale, Fl
I will travel to any Florida city for a Bariatric Surgeon that will accept BC/BS of Florida Federal program. BMI 38, heart bypass, hyertension, diabetes. Health is going down each month. Have been on supervised weight loss program lost 38 lbs, and gained back 42 lbs.
Jeannette H.
on 2/26/04 4:27 am - Miami, FL
Which Weighloss Program are you one? I'm looking to get into one since I don't qualify I am 60lbs overweight. What type of surgery are you looking for? RNY? Dr Norman Samuals in Ft. Lauderdale is EXCELLENT I have only read GREAT reviews on him. There is also Dr. Moraima, Dr. Rosenthal.
Danielle L.
on 10/6/04 4:01 am - West Palm Beach, FL
This so called DR is a murderer DO NOT LET HIM KILL YOU TOO !! He killed my mother and many others PLEASE CHECK HIM OUT COMPLETELY!! My beautiful mother was 43 yrs old when he killed her, she suffered in his ICU for months and when we had to cut her machine off he went on vacation !! Your family will love you the way you are rather then have you dead!!!
Danielle L.
on 10/6/04 4:34 am - West Palm Beach, FL
You only hear good rviews because the dead don't speak !! he's a murderer and a rapist !! Check him out!! Ask him about theresa Lamonica??????? he butchered her in 1993 !!
garywill
on 2/26/04 5:38 am - Sun Valley, NV
I am 3 months out yesterday and down 69.5 pounds. My doctor is Wm. Todd Overcash in Ocala, FL. I have been very happy with him. His bedside manner leaves a little to be desired but he is an excellent surgeon. That is the most important thing. I have gone from 291 to 227 and am off my blood pressure medicine for the last month. I highly recommend Dr. Overcash.
Patsy B.
on 2/26/04 5:55 am - Oldsmar, FL
Dr. Dy, in New Port richey is a excellent Dr. he tells you all you need to know. As far as I know he takes BC/BS, his staff is really great, they will help you with all you need to do. My BMI is just 40 but like you I have all of the co-morbidity.
Mary Linda N.
on 2/26/04 10:13 am - Fort Lauderdale, FL
Robert , I have BC/Bs health options. I was approved today. I am using Dr. Tomasello FT.Lauderdale area---- Linda N.
jlgeroni
on 2/26/04 12:09 pm - Port Richey, FL
Hi Robert, If you click on Find a Doc at the top of the page, then follow the links to Florida, you will get a list of bariatric surgeons in Florida. If you then click on the "surgical center" for each, it will take you to the surgeon's patient forum. Then click on Insurance, or Insurers (not sure how it's listed), and it will give you an indication of the insurance companies his patients have. Happy hunting!
catlady
on 2/27/04 3:08 am - Ft Gaines, GA
I am using Dr Eric Thoburn with Center for Obesity in Gainesville, Florida. He does open RNY only. I have BCBS HMO. You send in the information that the Ins company requires and Shriley looks it over. Once you have everything she will schedule your first consult and then the Dr will write a letter to BCBS, get approveal in 5-10 days and then set up your surgery. I started my journey in Nov getting paper work together including the psuch evulation, had my consult 1/16/04 and my surgery is 3/16/04. He has only lost 4 patients in 10 years due to blood clots. You want to check out their track records. His staff is on the ball, well infomred and most of the time things work like clockwork. You better hurry, they will not approve after this year.
Robert D.
on 2/28/04 12:36 am - Fort Lauderdale, Fl
Thank you to all. I contacted Dr. Tomasello's office and signed up for the March 10th info session. I think this forum is wonderful, and thankful for finding it. I will keep the forum posted along the way.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views