I need help

(deactivated member)
on 12/14/09 7:01 am
Hi,

I had my Gastric Bypass surgery almost 3 years ago.  I have gone through a divorce, moved to Florida, lost my job and my best friend all in the matter of less than 2 years. My job and best friend has been in the last 2 months.

My weight loss went from 317 to 170 and stopped.  I was lucky to get down to 165 but never stayed there.  I am now at 175 and fluctuate all the time.  As much as I try to watch what I eat, I am comfort eating again.  I tried drinking Diet Coke but stopped it over a month ago and haven't gone back since.

I do however, eat a lot of the wrong foods.  Especially if I do not have any problems with the foods.  I am so afraid that my pouch has stretched as I have noticed I am able to eat more than I should.  I have no way of getting it checked without insurance to see the right doctor. I need help and without having a job, I am depending on the VA Hospital for support however there isn't anyone there that knows about Gastric Bypass patients. 

If at all possible, I need a diet plan to follow again.  I realize I should go back to basics, but right now, that isn't an option because my will power isn't what it should be. 

Can anyone give me advise, a diet plan... something to help me get back on track?  I am trying to start walking again for exercise.. I am not as active as I should be, I realize that.

Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.  You can reach me here or write me to my email @ [email protected]

Thank you,

Mary
mylittleblackdress
on 12/14/09 7:53 am - FL
Mary--Welcome to Florida.  You might get more responses if post your question on the main board.  Good luck!  Lisa
Just Janie
on 12/14/09 8:04 am - Vero Beach, FL
Where in Florida do you live. There may be a bariatric surgery support group near you that might help you.

Goal reached in 4 1/2 months.   15 pounds below goal  SW 216.5/GW150/CW133
     I LOVE MY SLEEVE

emjayel56
on 12/14/09 9:26 am - Boynton Beach,, FL
there are plenty of support groups throughout florida.  what area are you in?   maryjo

BELOW GOAL WEIGHT... LOST 151 LBS AND CURRENTLY WEIGH 138 LBS.  ... Maryjo

(deactivated member)
on 12/15/09 12:59 am
I am in Boynton Beach... I haven't found any place around here to go to close by.

Mary
emjayel56
on 12/16/09 5:15 am - Boynton Beach,, FL

I go to one in Pompano; Cleveland Clinic in Weston also has them.  I would imagine JFK has them as well. 

Let me know if you need any other information.  Good luck

maryjo

BELOW GOAL WEIGHT... LOST 151 LBS AND CURRENTLY WEIGH 138 LBS.  ... Maryjo

(deactivated member)
on 12/14/09 10:13 am
I am currently living in Boynton Beach.  However if I can not locate a job soon, I will have to relocate to West Palm Beach as I will loose my apt.

I would love to be able to go to a support group to help me get back on the right track.

Thankyou for any help you can give me.

Mary
Redhaired
on 12/14/09 12:43 pm - Mouseville, FL

Why not see if the VA will refer you out, or send you to Bay Pines where they have a bariatric program.  But they would not that unless you were having significant issues.  Your PCP at the VA could also refer you to the in-house nutritonist who might be some help.

Red

Chilipepper
on 12/14/09 11:19 pm
Weigh****ches will allow you to incorporate your protein into your points.  I will give you structure and make you accountable for you actions on your weekly weigh in.  It helps a lot of people who have slipped and need some structure. 
(deactivated member)
on 12/16/09 4:52 am
I have appreciated everyones responses.  They do help. 

I was turned down for a job I applied for yesterday.  It is hard to get a job when 100's of people are applying for 1 job.  I am going to keep trying but it is hard to stay positive.

I went for a walk today.  I walked 1.1 miles in 25 minutes.  It isn't a fast past but I got out and did it and will continue every day.

I know I have no one to blame but me for my weight gain and no one will do it for me either. 

Thank you for everything,

Mary
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views