Sometimes bad things happen.

Art R.
on 2/21/04 1:28 pm - FL
Please make yourself aware of the possible complications of this surgery. My wife is 11 days post-op as of this posting and is still in ICU on a ventilator.She has not been awake since she was in pre-op.The pulmonary doc has diagnosed her with adult respitory distress syndrome. She suffered major blood loss(7 units + 4 plasma) following the surgery and required a second surgery to repair the bleeding.I will not name the doctor at this time as I am not sure if he did anything wrong. I do not mean to scare anybody from this as all surgeries carry risks,but, this should be a consideration before.Ask questions of your doctor concerning past surgeries and his cases that needed ICU treatment. I found this site in her favorites and she had many visits over the months leading up to now.
guiagal
on 2/22/04 6:26 am - Lake City, FL
I am so sorry to hear about your wife. I know my surgery is in 8 days. My prayer are with both of you. Please keep in touch. Kathy
Bieniasz
on 2/22/04 10:13 am - Tampa, FL
Art- I am very sorry to hear about the complications that your wife is going through. I think that most of us know the risk that we are taking when making this decision. Please keep us posted on her progress. Also, could you please let us know who she is? I have been posting here for quite a while and may have had conversations with her. Lori
melindainfla
on 2/22/04 10:52 am - pinellas county, fl
Art, I am so sorry to hear about your wife. You both are in my prayers. Melinda
Smellycat
on 2/22/04 11:06 am - New Port Richey, Fl
Art, I am so sorry to hear about your wife. You both will be in my thoughts and prayers. Warm Regards, Carol
Stephanie L.
on 2/22/04 11:30 pm - Orlando, FL
I am so sorry to hear about your wife, I will keep you both in my prayers and please keep us posted. I think the majoity of us are aware of the complications of this surgery, that is why research is so important, esp about the surgeon. Can you at least let us know what state you are in? Good luck to you both, Stephanie
Art R.
on 2/23/04 12:57 am - FL
Thanks for all the thoughts that have been recived both on and off the board. It was that a staple placed at a internal suture that caused the bleeding.It punctured a blood vessel. I forgot to provide that info on the first post. Her status as of 10:00a.m. today has not changed much. O2 saturation has increased slightly.
Lauretta
on 2/23/04 4:03 am - Fort Walton Beach, FL
You are in my thoughts and prayers. please keep us posted. Laurie
Brenda N.
on 2/25/04 10:33 am - Holiday, FL
'im so sorry to hear about your wife, believe me there are a lot of prayers going out for her.i am in the process of having the surgery because i feel like with my medical history i am dying a slow painful death. and god will nottake us until he is ready. god is with you. brenda
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views