Made Appointment with Dr. Ferguson

(deactivated member)
on 12/11/09 7:10 am - Orlando, FL
Hello,

I just made my appointment to meet with Dr. Ferguson and was wondering if any of you could help a sister out. What exactly will I be doing for 3 hours? Why will Dr. Kim only use her for his assessments?

brewgal
on 12/11/09 12:02 pm - Orlando, FL
I know what you mean....  that was a bit of a bummer for me b/c she was out of network for my insurance and I had to pay for most of that $500 out of my pocket.  But she does speacialize with working with bariatric patients.

EIther way, she's really nice & the cool thing about her is that she's also had WLS (RNY I think) - so she knows what we're going through/will go through.  My appt didn't take the whole 3 hours - it just depends on you.  You'll meet with her first and talk about your situation, then you'll be taking a couple of really long personality tests on a computer.  Afterwards, she'll go over the results with you.  I kinda zipped through the tests so I was outta there a lot sooner.

Good luck!!  :)

hope.cuesta
on 12/11/09 12:22 pm - Miami Beach, FL
Don't stress it, Dr Ferguson is very nice and she will answer alot of questions you don't know you have yet.  Just be honest.  It is worth the $500.00.
Hope                        
IGDiva
on 12/11/09 12:23 pm - Orlando, FL
Hi Truth,

You will be filling out paperwork, then taking a series of psychological tests both written and on a computer.  Once the tests are complete you'll meet with Dr. Ferguson.  I was done with all the tests in about 45 minutes then waited to meet w/ Dr. Ferguson.  I am glad I did the consultation though as she tells you what your profile says about you and what your personal hurdles with WLS will be.

They will give you a form so you can try and submit the paid invoice to your Ins. company if you ask.

You must be so excited, checking off those clearances one by one.  Good Luck!

(deactivated member)
on 12/11/09 11:42 pm - Orlando, FL
Thank you for sharing. You guys have eased my nerves a little. I have been absolutely amazed at how fast this whole 6 month process is going.I did speak to my insurance company and apparently they will not cover any of the $500 but they will accept her assessment to fulfill the evaluation needed with their protocol. I heard that I can claim all WLS costs on my tax return. So hopefully, I can get some of it back that way.

If any of you have any advice on my journey with Dr. Kim, please feel free to lay it on me. One can never be too informed.
(deactivated member)
on 12/13/09 4:48 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Hi!
I don't know the process but I'm pretty Gail (ID is FLGAIL) used the same surgeon and later ran a support group for him.  You should send her a PM, I'm sure she'll help you out.

Best wishes!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views