6 month/-100 lb postops: question re: hair

GeorgineVJ
on 2/18/04 9:48 am - Caribou, ME
To the post ops who are about 6 months out and over 100 pounds down, I have a question: I have not worried about my hair loss yet but I am really starting to wonder if I will be completely bald before this hair loss slows down. It seems that the clump of hair I lose every morning is less than last month, but for the first time in my life I can see my scalp clearly from the front to the back of my head and I cannot wear my hair in a part. There are some pretty big gaps between hair follicles. I do have a lot of new growth, but when does the fullness start coming back? Assume that I am getting the proper nutrients and supplements. Experiences, anyone? Again, I understand that hair loss is normal. I am wanting to know when it goes back the other direction. Thanks for any insights.
(deactivated member)
on 2/18/04 11:55 am - Fort Myers, FL
Hi georginne-Are you switching boards again? I am 9 months out and I really don't have an answer to your question. I have really short hair, but I could tell I was losing alot because there were lots of short hairs in my bathroom. I don't see as many around anymore so I am hoping my hair is growing back in. I think it is a good sign that you have new growth. Good luck. Lynda ME/FL
GeorgineVJ
on 2/18/04 10:18 pm - Caribou, ME
No, not switching boards.. but I have a lot of FL friends on this one, so I keep up on it. I also posted this question to the ME board, the Main OH board, the August 2003 board, and the RNY board, as well as my doc's message board. I did get one response on that board but it wasn't really my situation... the girl who wrote it didn't experience hair loss. What I am looking for is someone in my shoes that can tell me it grew back. Thanks for reassuring me - my loss has slowed down and I see lots of new growth. I just wanted to know that it comes back. See you around on the boards...
Stephanie L.
on 2/22/04 11:36 pm - Orlando, FL
Georgine, I am 6 mos out and have had a lot of hair loss, thank God I had very thick hair to begin with. I have had a constant battle with the protein to slow the loss down, but it is working and coming back too. I have just recently strated to get it back, no bald spots or anything but I was very scared because it was coming out in handfuls!! Increse your protein!!!! That's waht my dr said and it worked. I can even tell when I am not getting enough cause the loss picks up again, you just have to fight to keep it, good luck to you and CONGRATS on the weight loss! Stephanie Lap RNY 8-6-03 253/159
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views