I have a question

Melissa W.
on 2/17/04 11:52 pm
I was wondering what i should do? I do not have a 6 month supervised diet. Althought i have started one with my Nut. As of yesterday. Should i go ahead and request approval for the surgery now. And appeal if they deny me after the 6 month supervised diet ends. OR Should i just wait till i am done with my supervised diet and then ask for approval? My 6 months supervised diet will be done around Aug. And the bad news is that this surgery will not be covered after Sept 30, 2004. What do you think? Thank you
luvstarrynite
on 2/18/04 2:42 am - daytona bch, fl
If I were you I would go ahead and try for the approval. If possible get a medically necessary note from 1 or more of your doctors. Also write a letter stating all over the counter meds, plans etc. that you have tried on your own. This website has great guidelines for writing letters, etc. I know it depends on your insurance company so just be very thorough.Good luck on your wl journey and keep us posted. :0) tammy
Melissa W.
on 2/18/04 8:59 am
Thank you. That is a good idea. I will be sure to keep you all posted
Stephanie L.
on 2/18/04 3:25 am - Orlando, FL
I would go ahead and start the process as it could take a little while anyway---Why wait??? Stephanie
Melissa W.
on 2/18/04 9:01 am
Very true! Thank you sweetie.
melindainfla
on 2/18/04 8:48 am - pinellas county, fl
Always worth a try. Good luck!! Melinda
Melissa W.
on 2/18/04 9:02 am
You are right. Thank you!
BullDog Lady
on 2/18/04 11:05 am - Somewhere GREAT!
Allison.... I am in the same boat that you are in right now. But I have been curently on my 6 moth supervised diet history since january. I am gonna call my doc office next month and talk to them about going ahead and getting a appointment set up to get my paper work started so when my 6 months has arrived I can go ahead and start for approval. Good Luck! Becky
Melissa W.
on 2/20/04 2:30 am
Good luck! =) Its been a crazy journey for me. But i am still determined.
Libby A.
on 2/23/04 9:25 am - Tampa, FL
Go to your regular Doctor first by this time if you have been heavy for a long time that Doctors should have records of your weight, and times you have asked for help. If not start going to the doctor and have him or her start regestering your weight and what you are doing to lose it. Good luck, Libby
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views