I have a Date!

IGDiva
on 12/9/09 2:54 am - Orlando, FL
I just got the call from my surgeon's office.  I am scheduled for surgery on January 19, 2010.  I go in for nutrition classes, meet with exercise therapist, meet with surgeon, blood tests etc. on 1/7/10.  I am both very excited and freaked out.
Lisa
HW 380/SW303/CW203  
Redhaired
on 12/9/09 12:30 pm - Mouseville, FL
Good luck.  I hope it all goes well for you.

Red

brewgal
on 12/9/09 1:27 pm - Orlando, FL
You're in good hands!!!  Dr Kim is amazing and he has an excellent team working in his office that will be there to support you before/during/after your surgery.

Congrats on getting your date & wish you all the best!!  :)

RNYEsq
on 12/10/09 5:45 am
 I AGREE, you are in good hands.  Dr. Kim's office is the best - the nurses are especially responsive to all dietary and other questions you may have after surgery.  

Dr. Kim put my Realize band in on 12/22/08 but I'm getting a revision on 12/23/09 to an RNY & my band taken out.   My surgery for the band was "textbook" but it just didn't work for me, apparently I'm one of the few for him that do most everything right but it just doesn't work.  I'm hungry ALL the time even though he is very diligent with the fills (i've had almost 8 now I think).  

After we decided it was the best option for me at this point, Amanda put in the request to my insurance and it was approved in less than 24 hours and Jennifer scheduled me right away.  His office is definitely on top of things and has this process as streamlined as it can be.

I'm excited for my RNY but hope I can go home Christmas morning like they anticipate.  I don't want to miss my little boy opening up his gifts from Santa :)

PS. The meeting with the exercise therapist will drive you insane.  He is going to make you breathe in to this machine to measure your metabolism and it REALLY is a pain because of the duration and your mouth getting very dry - bring some chap stick that day!  
IGDiva
on 12/10/09 5:56 am - Orlando, FL
Thanks!  I got the preop diet yesterday, and now I am confused over protein and fiber choices. :(
RNYEsq
on 12/10/09 8:21 am
 I am on it right now...as my son is eating dominoes pizza next to me. 

What are your questions?  You can choose whichever protein you like, really.  I usually add my fiber to my protein shakes.  They said that was fine.  

They just want you to get the 100 oz per day of liquids in (whi*****ludes your shakes if you make them with milk or water and anything else that would be a liquid at room temperature like jello and sugar free popsicles.)

Feel free to send me an email or we can talk by phone if you like. I feel like I've already been through this part since pre-op is the same for both band surgery and rny.

IGDiva
on 12/11/09 12:28 pm - Orlando, FL
 I am having a hard time figuring out how much protein I should buy to start with.  Thanks for the tip on the fiber that was one of my questions.  I will probably send an email after this weekend, getting ready to head to OKC for work tomorrow, Brrrrr!
IGDiva
on 12/16/09 1:58 am - Orlando, FL
Just got sent the online nutrition course so a lot of questions are getting answered.  Wow so much to take in, thsi is going to be so much more than a surgery, its going to be a complete and total Lifestyle change.
(deactivated member)
on 12/11/09 9:48 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Congrats!
Best wishes on your journey!!
GIRLIEGODDESS
on 12/15/09 6:28 am
yay.....woo hoo.....congratulations!   i'll be waiting for ya!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views