Support Meetings a Must

Beebe S.
on 2/14/04 9:42 am - PENSACOLA, FL
Hello all: I went to my monthly support meeting this Tuesday past. I was very suprised when one of the attendees started to tell her story. She had her surgery in AL. Not sure where, but has to be fairly close to Pensacola. She was mentioning problems that she was having. She explained that after surgery her physician will see you two more times and set you free. He does not support b-12 shots monthly or daily vitamins. I can only think what a quack. Please, please, please my friends, get to know your surgeon as best as possible. You must attend support meetings to find out if the symptons you are having are normal. If your doctor is one of these, please keep in mind that at Baptist Hospital in Pensacola they have a Bariatric Center. This is for post op patients. They have a nurse practitioner on staff to take care of you. She works closely with the bariatric doctors here. Fortunately, I think the young lady will make an appointment at the Bariatric center after talking to the nurse. Her symptons were definitely not normal. God Bless to all. Please pray for me, my surgery is this Thursday the 19th.
Kathy S.
on 2/15/04 9:25 am - Cantonment, FL
I agree Beebe. I am also scheduled to have surgery in Pensacola on Feb. 25th. I had planned to visit the support group last week but had to work late. I hope to feel like going to the next one. I wish you the best on the 19th. See you at the meetings.
BullDog Lady
on 2/15/04 11:02 am - Somewhere GREAT!
Good Luck Beebee...I will keep you in my prayers my friend. Take care and keep your chin up! Becky
Meleta P.
on 2/15/04 1:01 pm - Fort Walton Beach, Fl
Beebe, Can patients who had their surgery done in FWB attend the support meetings in Pensacola? Or is it just for the surgeon's patients in Pensacola? Just wondering because the only support group we have here is on Eglin AFB. I will be attending it for the first time on the 17th. Thanks for your input.
Patty.W
on 2/16/04 7:30 am
Beebe, not to put down what you said...Support groups are a good thing for those who want/need them. Some people, like myself, aren't comfortable in a setting like that. I encourage all to go if that is what they need, but there are those of us who have done quite well without going and Dr. Nye agrees. Remember I am not naysaying what you wrote...only also putting out there that some people aren't support group goers. As for someone having problems after surgery...I would encourage those people to call their PCP if the surgeon has made himself unavailable. Everyone is different and their experience with surgery will be different. They should use common sense and talk to a professional. Good luck on your surgery...Dr. Nye is the best! Patty
Beebe S.
on 2/16/04 12:11 pm - PENSACOLA, FL
You are right, not every one is a group type of person. But the young lady scared me, she was scared and angry. But you are right, Dr. Nye is wonderful. Between him and the whole staff, I would find it hard for us not to be informed of everything. I wish you the best in your recovery! Please pray for me, my surgery was moved up from Thursday to Wednesday.
Patty.W
on 2/17/04 2:09 am
Beebe, I DO wish you the best and will be thinking of you come tomorrow. Dr Nye is very skilled and he is very caring. His aftercare plan is the best I have ever seen. Your are in great hands girl! My recovery has come and gone...I am now 17 months out (tomorrow to be exact...how auspicious! ) I am doing wonderfully normal and owe it all to Dr. Nye! Get back on-line as soon as you are up to it and keep us informed! Best wishes! Patty
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views