I'm so discouraged I don't know what to do

Michele S.
on 2/13/04 4:07 pm - Winter Haven, FL
I have recently gotten my packet of paper's from Dr. Haicken's office but I am not smiling. I have recently read that before I can even submit the paper's on the appt I was given, that I have to come up with 400.00 I only live on SSI and raise two teenage boy's by the skin of my teeth, when I read that all hopr has failed me. This was my last cry for help and I have know where else to turn. If they would let me submit the paper's then send in the money 100.00 a month until it's paid that would help but I can't even call thier damn office due to know long distance and no money for a phone card. I am completely at a loss, and need this surgery so badly. I started crying the moment I read those damn papers and haven't stopped yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Depresingly yours, [email protected]
melindainfla
on 2/14/04 2:39 am - pinellas county, fl
Michele, You are in my prayers! Melinda
(deactivated member)
on 2/15/04 9:35 am - Tampa, FL
Michele, That $400.00 is only half, you have to have the whole $800.00 the day you see the doctor. I know this sounds mean, but the $800.00 administative fee is a neccesity, for the amount of work his staff does, the doctor has to make this money up somewhere. And if they don't get their money up front, most people would not pay it after surgery, what's their incentive. It hurt my wallet to pay it also, I hope you can find a way. The man is worth it he did my wife's surgery, and he is doing mine. Steve
Jules W.
on 2/15/04 9:38 pm - Somewhere South, FL
I had to come up with a thousand dollars at the consultation with the surgeon, not knowing if my insurance would even cover the surgery. We used a credit card check for it. You might want to try another surgeon that has a financial packet that comes with the paperwork. It has a payment amount schedule in it. E-mail me with your phone number and I will call you with more details...
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views