Diets before the surgery

Cara G.
on 2/13/04 1:24 pm - Coral Springs, Fl
What types of diets did everyone's surgeon give to them for before the surgery and how did you deal with it if you were a picky eater? I am having my surgery on Feb 23 with Peter Tomasello in Plantation, Florida. Thanks for all your help
boemary
on 2/13/04 1:38 pm - Ocala, FL
Hi Cara, I am not on any special diet , Just trying to do shakes 2x a day drink as much water as i can, and a small carb free dinner and I am walking 2 miles everyother day, and my ankles are killing me...lol thats why I am skipping a day in between walks! God Bless1 My date is march 22nd, in Gainsville fl.by Dr.E. Thoburn
Phi Y.
on 2/14/04 5:22 am - Orlando, FL
Carla I stop eating carbs. No Bread, No pasta, No fried foods, No potatoes or rice. I lost 9 lbs 1 week before surgery. I am now 8 weeks post op and have lost 85lbs total. Anything Broiled or Grilled or Boiled or baked is great. Don not drink any soda including diet or anything with sugar in it. It sounds like a lot...but I lost a lot of wieght quickly and It worked for me. Good luck!
BullDog Lady
on 2/14/04 6:04 am - Somewhere GREAT!
Well...I have tried many a diet. The one I have stayed on is a 2000 calerie diet which hasn't done me much good to be honest.Currently...I have high b/p, swelling, sleep apnea and problems with my cycle not being regular. I have one that is being supervised now by a dietician at HealthSouth here in Alabama for what i need to go with my paper work for insurance purposes. I have dropped soda's, sweet tea.... so forth. I walk 3 days a week for 45 mins...fixing to move it to 4 days. I can't wait to start submitting my paper work in August so I can go through this surgery. Good Luck with your WL journey! Becky
Mary Linda N.
on 2/15/04 6:12 am - Fort Lauderdale, FL
Dear Cara, My surgeon is also Dr. Tomasello. I dont have approval yet, but did all the tests etc. Didnt you get the diet he prescribes 2-3 weeks before surgery to get the fat out of the liver? I plan to start that as soon as I get the o.k. I started to walk some & drinking lots of water. I also went off caffein so I wouldnt get the headaches that you get from caffein withdrawal. I also ordered some vitamins from the website. All this I learned from reading what the others have said before me. Mary Linda Noll
Cara G.
on 2/15/04 12:30 pm - Coral Springs, Fl
Mary Linda, I did receive the diet from Dr Tomasello, however I was just curious to see what other surgeons were telling patients to do for before the surgery. But thanks for your help I appreciate it. Good luck with your journey. I wish you well if you ever need anything or want to talk let me know. Cara
Mary Linda N.
on 2/15/04 10:42 pm - Fort Lauderdale, FL
Cara, thanks for the reply, I forgot to ask you how long did it take to get approved?After approval, how long before a surgery date, also did you have to go back to your primary doctor for final approval within a week?Thanks, Linda Noll
Cara G.
on 2/17/04 12:09 pm - Coral Springs, FL
Linda, I have been struggling with insurance for over 5 years. I went from Avmed to BCBS. With no results. I have now switched to Humana PPO as of Jan 1st. We submitted my information to humana on Jan 12th and bythe end of Jan I was approved. My original surgery date was Feb 4th. But due to kidney problems I had to postpone it till Feb 23rd. Humana was great and really my Dr's office took care of everything. I did call a bit too much to find out the status but the anticipation was getting to me. What insurance do you have? You should call and find out why it is taking so long. Cara
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views