Navarre ...Just starting out

Kellie W.
on 2/10/04 1:03 pm - Navarre, FL
I am a mom of 3 small boys! Wow.. how do I do it?? That is what everyone ask.. I am not sure. I feel like I am killing myself being overweight.. I just went to my first meeting tonight at the hospital to learn more about this procedure. My friend had it done and encouraged me to go tonight. I was so impressed with the energy in the room. I will be starting the process tomorrow by calling the nurse to get a New Patient Paperwork packet. What should I expect after that? I heard people mentioning psyc. eval. and stress test. Do I schedule all these test? It is kinda scary but I am too young to feel this da_ _ old. Thanks for listening. Kellie
melindainfla
on 2/10/04 11:09 pm - pinellas county, fl
Kellie, Congrats on taking the first of many steps to the new healthy you!! Melinda Lap RNY 10/17/03 -78lbs
lisajessi
on 2/11/04 8:10 am - Pensacola, FL
Kellie, There are several required tests. Psyc eval, meeting with the dietician, chest x-ray, and others. My PCP scheduled most all of them except for the psyc eval and the dietician(these were not covered by my ins. BCBS). It depends on the DR as to which tests he wants you to have. Good luck on your road to better health! Lisa
catlady
on 2/11/04 9:09 pm - Ft Gaines, GA
MY PSYCHE EVAL WAS COVERED AND I HAVE BCBS HMO TOO. MY PCP GOT THE REFERRAL FROM BCBS AFTER I GAVE THEM A NAME OF A PSYCH THAT WOULD DO THE EVALAUTION THAT I GOT FROM ANOTHER WLS PERSON.
Greg A.
on 2/12/04 3:49 am - Cantonment, FL
Hey Kellie, I live in Pensacola or actually in Cantonment. I had to schedule my own Psyc evaluation (it was easy) before my doctor would schedule the appointment with him. Once I got that scheduled they gave me a appt date, went to psyc eval and then went to Dr. and he accepted me into the program and they scheduled the rest. They sent the request to my insurance on Feb 3 and it was approved on Feb 10. Don't let all this scare you they will take good care of you. My surgery is scheduled for Feb 23. Oh yea hear is my Doctors name. Dr. Robert Althar I would tell you to look on the internet, go to google and search "Gastric bypass and it will take you to all kind of sites. Good luck Greg
Lauretta
on 2/23/04 4:20 am - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Hi Kelli, My name is Laurie and I live down the road in Ft Walton Beach. My surgery is scheduled for 4/20 in FWB with Dr Rodgers. I am having open RNY. The Dr office helped me schedule everything so faror told me who they recommend. I wasn't careful and set the psych up out of network but it is a small price to pay to get it done. Good luck email me anytime. Laurie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views