PSYCH EVAL TOMORROW...what should I expect?

Smellycat
on 2/7/04 9:57 pm - New Port Richey, Fl
Hello again from your fellow (soon to be) loser, I'm just wondering what to expect when I have my psych testing tomorrow. I've already met with Dr Boone for the initial office visit/interview. He seems real nice and I felt pretty comfortable with him. Any advice? what to do.....dont do.....say.....dont say..?? I just recently lost my dad to cancer and find myself crying out of nowhere sometimes. I have this fear it will go something like this.... Dr. B: "Good Morning Carol" Me: "Good Morning Dr Boo....wwwaaaaahhhhhhhhhh waaaaahhhhhhhhh.....snif snif.... So maybe I should take a few valum......LOL I'll hopefully know my pre-op & surgery dates tomorrow as well!!!!
boemary
on 2/7/04 11:51 pm - Ocala, FL
Hi carol, mine went something like this.... I had to fill out a 400 questionier, boring!!!!! it had questions like "do you hear voices"...lol after the questions were done I spoke to the psyc. and she was very happy to hear I was doing my research and i knew i was in this for the rest of my life! i even mentioned this site Obesityhelp.com which she was tottaly unaware of, i told her it is a great support system and we were all like family, helping oneanother with questions and answers and even had a message board, they like to hear things like that! dont be nervous its a waste of energy ok, just go in thinking positive and you will be fine best of luck!
catlady
on 2/8/04 6:06 am - Ft Gaines, GA
I had my psych eval in December. I did not have that big questionaire everyone is talking about. However, they want to make sure you understand that you have made a big decision and are able to handle the ups and downs that come with it. And that you are prepared. One of the things mentioned in my letter was good eye contact. Just be yourself. We did discuss other issues that had attributed to me waiting so long with my deicisions and what would happen if things went wrong. They want to make sure you are prepared for the life changing commitment. And they can help with the documention of the different diet plans that you have been on and discuss why they failed. Every little bit helps.
Beebe S.
on 2/8/04 11:14 am - PENSACOLA, FL
Hi Carol. I don't think you have anything to be worried about. I had mine only few weeks ago. Unfortunately or fortunately I did have the extremely long written eval. It was 580 true or false questions. Pretty basic stuff. It was just a personality profile. They ask the same questions many times, just reword them. Part of it is to make sure you are not homicidal or suicidal. During your talk with the doc, he will ask you if you have ever been molested or anything like that. It is understandable that you will be upset by the death of your dad. A few tears will be okay. I just wouldn't let it take over the session. Try to get out your boohooing before you go. Don't bottle it up, or you will blow. I know what you're going thru, I have lost two parents already. They were young. I still have a few to go, there were a lot of marriages and divorces. If you need to chat, send me an email. Beebe
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views