Post Ops....I need some advice....Dr. Jawad....

Smellycat
on 2/6/04 7:58 am - New Port Richey, Fl
Hi Friends, Was wondering if anyone could tell me what to expect. I just found out I'm approved and now waiting to schedule a pre op appt. I was wondering does Dr. J put us on a special diet before surgery? Does he give us specific diet instructions for post surgery? I am trying to plan ahead so I can have everything ready before I go into the hospital. I just dont know the definitions of clear liquids, water is clear.... protien? What kinds of foods/supplements/shakes, etc should I get??? Any and all info is more than welcome. I want to pass on a big CONGRATS to all post ops and wish all pre ops the best of luck and well wishes. Warm wishes to my WL family....I wouldn't even be here if it wasn't for all the support and encouragement from everyone here. You open up your hearts and share your stories with perfect strangers...........WE APPRECIATE AND CHERISH YOU!!!
sahara
on 2/7/04 6:53 am - tampa, FL
hi carol i live in tampa , im going to have the agb surgery done on 2/13/04 this comming friday ..... i am sooooooo excited , like you i have been researching wls for over a year and was scheduled to have the gbp in oct and then chickened out ... when i met someone with the lap band , i checked it out , went to a seminar held by dr grossbard in zephyrhills .. i like him very much and he even has the band on himself ! he has lost over 100lbs with it , i think that made me like him even more , because he knows what we will have to go through ..... dr jawad is in ocala isnt he? have you checked out the dr profiles on here ? dr grossbard puts you on the atkins diet til surgery ( my least fav diet ) but its more to shrink the liver which is better for surgery of the stomach ... supposed to make it easier , i have heard that some go on clear liquids before surgery too , as far as clear liquids is described for my post op diet ... its anything that you can see through .. fruit juices without pulp ( where that came from i have no clue , i cant see through oj lol ) bouillion, water, coffee , jello, fruit ice , gatorade , crystal lite , clear hard candy , popsicles, tea ( hot or cold ) i hope that explains it more ........... and if you havent already gone to dr jawad , check out dr grossbards seminars, he is closer to you too , in dade city , the seminar is held at pasco regional hospital email me if you want to chit chat about it ok ..... sara [email protected]
Debra J.
on 2/7/04 6:11 pm - Clearwater, FL
Hi Carol! I am 5wks 5 days post-op & my first 2 weeks were very hard drinking only liquids! All I can say is follow the diet to a T to avoid any problems. Definitely get some protein powder...maybe even some Boost or Ensure. My Dr. said clear liquids also but then he gave me a plan that included milk?? So I think its more of a THIN liquids diet rather than a clear liquids diet. Hope this helps some! Debra
Smellycat
on 2/7/04 9:46 pm - New Port Richey, Fl
Thanks so much! It helps alot to have an idea of what to expect. I guess all Dr's will vary a little on what they want you to follow. I hope Dr J has an exact plan for me to follow. I know I do better when I can follow something, rather than make my own choices. I cant wait!!!! I'm ready to move ahead and get on with my life (my new life)
debbie J.
on 2/8/04 5:34 am - mt dora, fl
I am 11 days post-op with Dr Jawad good pick wonderful surgeon He really stresses follow up care re: diet preop I had to have all clear liquids the day before surgery Now I am on full liquids even really runny mashed potatoes andthing that could pass through a colander. Clear liquids consist of any thing you can look through even 100%grape juice it is not bad at all. Protein is the hardest trying to get 80-100 grams in dailey. Ocala Regional was the best the nurses are TERRIFIC I had two that are sooo special Nancy and Terri best of luck to you any just write me Good luck
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views