2 weeks Pos-OP

Meleta P.
on 1/31/04 5:05 am - Fort Walton Beach, Fl
I have a question. I am two weeks out and have lost 22 lbs. I get tired very easily. I tried one of the protein powder drinks mixed with water and it was to gag over. So I haven't tried it anymore. Should I mix it with milk, soup, what? And will it help to boost my energy? And do you mix frozen fruit with it? Need help to keep the protein up. Getting sick of eggs.
bonzijac
on 2/1/04 8:35 am - Jacksonville, FL
Hi Meleta, Most of the protein drinks are not that great. I found the pre-made Atkins shakes are good if I put 3 or 4 slices of banana's and a little ice and mix it real well. You can make your shakes w/milk if you use the powder kind, it may help. Some people mix half milk and half water. By the way I do slice and freeze my banana. You definately need to boost your protein, you will feel much better. Try to drink 2 - 3 shakes a day.
Stephanie L.
on 2/1/04 11:36 pm - Orlando, FL
I had a problem finding one too but I finally found one that is made by EAS, you can get it at wal-mart, Chocolate fudge, if it is VERY cold it is the only one I can tolerate. Ask your Dr about mixing in fruit since you are so new post op. Be careful with them too--nothing with seeds etc, and they have a lot of natural sugars--stay away from the dreaded dumping syndrome. Good luck. Stephanie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views