confused about protein powder usage

Patsy B.
on 1/30/04 4:10 am - Oldsmar, FL
After surgery do I use the protein powder when I'm on liquid diet?, How long do I use it, and do I continue to use it after I go on regular food?. How much and how often?.
Bieniasz
on 1/30/04 9:19 am - Tampa, FL
Hi Patsy- I used protein powder as soon as I got home, I bought AnyWhey tasteless powder from www.bariatriceating.com it was a lifesaver the first few weeks. You can add it to everything! Cream soups are also a great one to add it to. I put it in sugarfree pudding and it really was great! I am 3 1/2 weeks post op and I still try and add it to whatever I can. Best of luck to you! Lori 222/206/122? laprny 1-6-04
Patsy B.
on 1/31/04 12:48 am - Oldsmar, FL
Thanks Lori, you were a big help, I can't wait until my surgery, I've gone thru all of the test, do have to go back to another sleep study, found that I have sleep apena, then maybe the surgeon will call me. Good luck with post -op, hope you can give me some new pointers when I'm post -op. best wishes, Pat
melindainfla
on 1/30/04 9:20 am - pinellas county, fl
patsy, hi neighbor i am in largo. yes use the protein powder after surgery. i am 3 months po op and have at least 1 protein drink a day sometimes more. good luck melinda lap rny 10/17/03 -78lbs
Patsy B.
on 1/31/04 9:23 am - Oldsmar, FL
Thanks Melinda, I really was not sure when and how to use the protein drink,glad you responded, hope you have become a really big loser. Pat
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 366 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1440 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1432 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1575 views